Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Current Ay Up lights, bit outdated now?
  • CustardCream

Looking at lights for winter.

Love the Ayups but wonder if they have been surpassed by better options now. They dont see to have changed much in recent times.
    Lumens seem a bit low now, even with +40% upgrade.

Interested to know what owners think.
    Still thinks its a great looking all round package.

epicyclo

I’m wondering the same, but it’s a great system so I’m torn.

khani
    Free Member

If they still work and you can see where you’re going at full pelt they’re fine,

epicyclo

khani – Member
    If they still work and you can see where you’re going at full pelt they’re fine,

Not when there’s someone behind you with a quadzillion lumens…. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Two questions really.

What are other people you ride with using? Any light seems wimpy when over powered from behind.

Do you want to night ride, or turn night into day? Two different things I. My experience.

Bought the wife a full set of Ay-up last year a d still more than happy with them.

JoeG
    Free Member

I bought my Ay-Ups right around 2 years ago, and got the 40% brighter option. I don’t think that the lights have changed much if at all since then. 2 years is an eternity in LED lights.

I really like mine, but I’m sure that you can get a lot brighter light for a lot less money these days…

swampi
    Free Member

I have 4 sets, yea not the brightest but so small and versitile,smudge made me some new batteries that r smaller than the originals so it takes up minimum room on the bike.
    Another bonus is they don’t just cut out like a lot of lights as the use a resistor rather than a driver so your light justification keeps getting dimmer rather than suddenly dying,handy if your out longer than expected…

sparkyrhino

love mine,came from a 1200lm(ish)bar mounted light,dont miss it,more than bright enough for my riding and very well built kit,dont even notice weight of helmet light/battery.a bit pricey but hopefully get a good few years out of them, as most others I know who have had them for a good few years

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Current Ay Up lights, bit outdated now?’ is closed to new replies.