Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cube Stereo Super HPC 160 SL…..
  • Who has one?

I want one!

How good are they really – read some reviews, but fancy some first hand experience.

Current ride is a 2008 Spesh Enduro S-Works Carbon 150mm

Oos, sorry, wrong forum – feel free to move mods! Ta.

merouria
    Free Member

Im getting one this week or next, been waiting 12 weeks so far i order it early march. I managed to get the last 18inch size from a premium cube dealer they said that size is now sold out as is 16 inch. so unless you need a 20 or 22 you may struggle to find one.

cuboid
    Free Member

My 160 slt should be here tomorrow 🙂

johnikgriff
    Free Member

THey have one sitting on a stand in the Tweeks cycles show room, looks about a medium (but don’t quote me on it).

merouria
    Free Member

@cuboid – WAAAAAAAH SHOWOFF 🙂 wish mine was here tomorrow are you gna put a dropper post on it?

Doesn’t the SLT come with a dropper post (Reverb) – the SL does?

Leisure Lakes are showing stock of most sizes I think – I’d be a 20″ anyway.

merouria
    Free Member

dont think it does mate, just a carbon seatpost to save weight i think (so they can get it sub 10 kilos)

merouria
    Free Member

Ultralight CUBE full carbon saddle and AX lightness seatpost with extremely light TUNE Würger seat clamp – from the cube website

cuboid
    Free Member

No dropper post,just a tiny carbon saddle as above, my 20″ came in about .5 kg over the stated weight.
    Still light though 🙂

merouria
    Free Member

cuboid post some photos up of your new beauty!

cuboid
    Free Member

Im away at the mo without it,I will when i get back 🙂

merouria
    Free Member

Nice one cuboid, oh and i spoke to my lbs earlier this week and got told another 3 weeks till i get my SL 🙁 feels like i have been waiting forever already!

convert

I have no need for one of these living in the flat(ish) south, hardly ever getting time to visit proper lumpy bits my turner flux can’t handle and generally not having the balls to ride proper gnar but I keep getting drawn back to one of these…
    Just seem right.

Stranga
    Free Member

I have one….love it…get one! Notice the light weight more than the wheel size as it weighs in at just under 28lbs…..cant fault it, I had a Nomad C before it.

Stranga
    Free Member

Also I looked at getting the race version for 1k less as wasnt fussed about Sram XO over Shimano XT but spoke to Mojo and Jtech etc about the forks and shock and all recommended the FIT cart, Kashima, trail adjust over the base models and Mojo said this was over £800 upgrade alone.

The SL comes with a reverb stealth.

merouria
    Free Member

Yes stranga this is why i opted for the sl, it is good value upgrade from race model.

Been hearing problems about 2013 Fox Float equipment – blowing through travel. Reviews almost seem to back this up, without stating it outright – basically saying you have to compromise with the ‘Trail’ setting and not use ‘Descend’. Can anyone back this up?

superfli
    Free Member

I test rode this bike at a recent demo weekend. Had it for at least 2 hours riding all my local cheeky stuff.
    1st up was the CTD/compression damping lever with notches on it. It only took me 30mins to realise that just leaving on Climb or maybe Trail was best bet. Descend was too soft for liking.
    Bike was very very good at descending. Felt so planted. Jumping was stabile and gave me loads of confidence. It soaked up the trail very well. Loved it.
    Climbing was fine, in fact great for a 160mm bike. Bike was light’ish, but not especially so I thought.
    Trail riding on general flatish singletrack whilst pedalling was where I was having problems, and did so also on a Stevens bike I tested. It must be manufacturers keeping BB very low nowadays. I had loads of pedal strikes, lots of sparks and surprises for my mates behind to contend with. Even just pedalling on level ground/fireroad, I could noticeably see how close the pedals were to the ground. Yes the shock was a little low on PSI, and I did get through the travel a little too easy, but surely this is beyond the limit of how far manufacturers go with low BBs? It really let the bike down IMO.

Not that I could ever afford one, but it was really a lovely bike, with 1 major flaw, I couldnt race it/pedal it where I needed too. My 170mm cranks and more PSI may have helped a little. Bike was a small and had my nano’s on.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo Super HPC 160 SL…..’ is closed to new replies.