Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cry for help – Anyone at Dalby Forest Nationals tomorrow with a…
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

spare czero Freehub body? Shimano

Had a practice lap today and the Freehub bearings failed, turns out the the shim between the bearings is worn.

My rear is 142×12 bolt through on a 2017 Cannondale Scalpel Si.

Please PM me if you can help. I’m racing Expert Category late afternoon (well supposed to be!)

sefton
    Free Member

Bummer, might be easier trying to borrow a rear wheel?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

That could help too. Needs to have a 6mm rear dish offset to fit my frame though…

Bummer!

pocpoc
    Free Member

in that case it may be easier to borrow a whole bike!

Or hire one from the visitor centre if your desperate

andrewh
    Free Member

Back in the good old days any rear wheel would fit any bike. If they both had newish cassettes you wouldn’t even need to swap them over.

Progress huh.

Sorry, no help to the OP, apart from the bump.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Better luck heading to a bearing shop? Do they have tech support at the race? A mooch around the pro end in the morning might be worth a look

jamj1974

Sorry, not near.  Bumped.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Morning bump folks.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Big bear bikes in Pickering is a cannondale dealer. Maybe try them 01751 474 220.

They open at 10am

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I was in Big Bears yesterday. They were really helpful but unfortunately didn’t have what I needed. Managed to get the bearings replaced at York Cycleworks but it’s the shim inside the Freehub that’s the problem. These new bearings are unlikely to last the race as a result of the dodgy shim

zinaru
    Free Member

try wayne at eds bikes? he’s nearby and very helpful.

http://edsigns-yorkshire.wixsite.com/edsbikes

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Well one very kind gent lent me his spare wheel! Enve M50 with chris king hub and XTR cassette… Glad I didn’t break it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cry for help – Anyone at Dalby Forest Nationals tomorrow with a…’ is closed to new replies.