Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cross tyres for a Roadrat
  • colb
    Free Member

Anyone running cross tyres on their Roadrat? If so what are you running want to make sure I don’t waste any money!!

traildog
    Free Member

What do you want? I.e. what conditions do you want to ride in and what properies do you want from the tyre?
    Why is the bike relevant – serious question, is there limited clearance or something?

On my cross bike, I use Mich Muds for racing in the mud. I have a few problems with them clogging though and they have little protection for rocks. Road work would wear them out in hours.
    And Schwable Landcruisers for everyday use. More of a touring tyre. Heavy, horrible lack of feel but quite bomb proof and actually a good amount of grip off road.

freeandsingle
    Free Member

I’m also interested in offroad tyres for the RR, saw the ones 18bikes used to shod someones (Bontrager, I think) but they’re a bit pricey!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use racing ralphs on my cx bike, I’m sure they’ll work on your road rat. I got them from zepnat.

Seamus
    Free Member

I use Michelin cyclocross jet 28C on my rat which are good on and offroad and also quite light. Probably a be a bit narrow for really rocky stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cross tyres for a Roadrat’ is closed to new replies.