Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creative Commons – Should I got Full Public Domain ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

I thinking about putting all my photographs of general stuff on Flickr into the Public Domain.

I’m feeling I want to give something back and let others use without all the copyright issues hanging around everything we create on-line.

Madness or what ?

When we share, everyone wins

nickjb
    Free Member

Good idea IMO. If you don’t need, or want, to make money from them then why not? I use the odd CC0 image or sound clip. I do a lot of work for charities so always try and keep costs down and stretch the budget a little further. If I find a good image that isn’t CC0 I’ll email the owner and ask if they are happy for me to use it and they usually are so easier to cut out that step. I suppose you run the risk of it being used to help something you don’t support but that’s the price of freedom

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How much have you made froms selling them? Some ways being available means your found more. Net result more exposure

deadkenny
    Free Member

Stuff at some events like concerts I’ll stick up as CC as they’re going to get massively copied about anyway and sometimes people ask to use it in bootleg stuff (had a couple on a bootleg DVD). There’s tonnes of other photos similar at the same events, not to mention immensely better. Nice to just share with each other.

I don’t allow commercial use though, without permission.

redthunder
    Free Member

I’ve sold the odd few, newspapers have pinched etc. Not really fussed any more.

Going use this one I think.

CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication

If Coca Cola wants to use my lastest Bluebell pic, fill their boots I say.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creative Commons – Should I got Full Public Domain ?’ is closed to new replies.