• This topic has 46 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • CRC Private Members Sale
  • kevin1911

Well must say it’s a bit of a disappointment; should have known better.

Only real bargain seems to be the Cane Creek 110 Headset.

Anyone spotted any other killer deals?

john_l
    Free Member

logged in but it looks exactly the same – how have you identified the killer deals?

wwaswas

you need to log in separtely to the private sale site;

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/PrivateSale/Login.aspx

(which I guess is restricted to those who’ve been emailed) rather than the standard site. The layout’s different and there are some reductions but not compared with what they charge normally.

retro83
    Free Member

You have not been invited to any active sales at this time

<Shakes fist>

DT78
    Free Member

It’s crap tbh. Your not missing much

float
    Free Member

answer pro taper 780mm for 33 quid 🙂 . have crc fixed the credit card thing yet?

matt23
    Free Member

Went on there got a few jerseys but nothing catching the ee as a real bargin…..just away to clear out their 2008, 2009 and ’10 stock bins I guess!

andyl
    Free Member

not a lot there tbh, just the colours and sizes that no one wants.

grabbed an Easton 120mm stem for a fiver for the single speed which is a bit short for me with the 90mm stem and a Lezyne mini pump.

Irritatingly they won’t let you apply any e-vouchers as I still have a £5 one and my £30 apology ones.

m_t_b
    Free Member

it is a bit rubbish thought I was getting a bargain on an x7 rear mech then realised that there is only a couple of quid between their price and the wider web. Got a Truvativ AM 70mm stem for £15…

clubber
    Free Member

It was crap wasn’t it… 🙄 didn’t expect much else but it’s annoying in that I wasted 10 mins trawling through it anyway.

kimbers

there are a few bargains but nothing that exciting

more floods thats what we need

foxyrider
    Free Member

mostly non-bargins except an Ultegra Cassette for £40 + TCB is a bit cheaper than the web?

docrobster
    Free Member

Well I was gonna get a set of SLX brakes anyway- cheapest had been £135 after the 10% VIP discount at merlin. Came out at £118 in the private sale so I’m reasonably happy.

wwaswas

more floods thats what we need

I agree – I’m beginning to use up my stock of ‘flood damaged’ cassettes and chains…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like the Cane Creek 110 headset but all my bikes have king or intergrated headsets. Bugga!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Been tempted by the WTB WeirWolf Race Tyre for £13 but only because they are cheap!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The 661 Evo knee pads seemed a good price. I spotted a few other good prices too, but certainly not on the “home page”. Some of it was 2011 too. If you know what you need it’s worth a look. Sadly I don’t “need” anything

IanB
    Free Member

How much are you lot spending per year to get an invite to this private member thing? I’ve spent a small fortune over the years and have never received a discount code or some such thing from CRC ever 😕

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve not spent much with CRC recently – couple of hundred in the last year? BUT i have been shopping with them for years in which time I’ve spent a lot – admittedly a lot of that was mates’ money when I built them bikes.

kevin1911

I’m like clubber – spent loads over the years but less than usual over the last 12 months. I find it odd that they would want to exclude people from the sale though. Why not just announce another general sale and include all this stuff in it? Or do what JensonUSA do and have a Closeout or Bargain Bin section where all the old kit gets dumped.

mildred

A couple of items I put in “my basket” were oddly sold out when I tried to pay for them, yet they’re in stock & available at full price on the normal site . Its a Con if you ask me.

jools182
    Free Member

load of crap

toons
    Free Member

xt cranks seems a good buy

jools that link worked for me?

cp

there are/were some great bargains in there – whoever got the ultegra sti’s for £120 got an absolute bargain.

andyl
    Free Member

yeah tempted by the XT cranks as spares. £20 cheaper than mainland europe.

But SLX can be had for £30 less again.

Tracey

Got some white stroker trails

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Crank bro wheels are looking a deal or what .? 😀

legend
    Free Member

hhmmmm lots of stuff that looks good until you get to the details….. funnily enough I dont really want a 2.7 High Roller

roblane65
    Free Member

had an invite (probably because I spent over £200 a couple of weeks ago) but won’t let me login with my password ????????. 😳

DT78
    Free Member

bit irrating you can’t seem to chose to mix and match an order with the main site? As there a few other bits I want…

also some odd reason paypal has opted to pay CRC via echeque rather than use the actually money I had in my paypal account which was enough to cover it. First time I’ve tried using paypal for CRC…. hope it;s not something suspicious

(last time I used my them I got hit with 2x£30 O2 vouchers so opted for the ‘safer’ paypal route….)

john_l
    Free Member

bit irrating you can’t seem to chose to mix and match an order with the main site? As there a few other bits I want…

yup, really irritating. I’ve got a £50 voucher that I want to spend across both sites, but it seems I can’t.

allthegear
    Free Member

Well, if it works out, I’ve struck the bargain of the century if the FSA Ti Bottom Bracket works nicely – RRP 175. To me, 39…

And I was just about to go looking for one, anyway. If it’s a good one, I’ll buy a couple I think.

Rachel

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Pretty crap for me. I was looking to replenish my flood damaged stock of chains and cassettes which is now fully depleted! Just got some chains and a spare SRAM x7 rear mech. Come on rain, we NEED another flood sale

Onzadog
    Free Member

Lots of wtb ust tyres on there. Anyone tried any of them? What might work well in the peaks?

Northwind

Ohhhhhhhh Ragley Ti for a grand… Less another 4% with topcashback…

epicyclo

I got very excited at the cost of the Ragley TD-1.

Only £849.

There were 24 when I looked, now there’s 6.

p7rich
    Free Member

Not impressed.

Liner shorts?…only available in xxl or xxxl
    BB?…only available in electric blue

Pah!

mmb
    Free Member

I wanted some new riding glasses with interchangeable lenses but i can only find one pair and they’re crap! does anyone know if the 720 armour freedy polarised glasses come with more than one lense? as i can’t really tell from the ad.
    And what’s an rx adaptor frame?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

About chainreactioncycles.com PRIVATE SALE

Private Sale is a great New way to discover fantastic offers you won’t normally find on our website chainreactioncycles.com. Each sale will be by invitation only and loyal customers will benefit most from regular invites throughout the season.
    As we intend to keep these events “special” each one will have its own particular focus. You will find 100’s of unbeatable deals, exclusive offers and “one offer” opportunities from cycling brands recognised across the globe.

Important, don’t miss out, once the sale closes the products are gone – there are no second chances!

Each sale will be for a limited time only, sometimes only hours, so hurry and login for your exclusive opportunity now.

So Some loyal customers will be invited to a “Once in a lifetime sale opportunity” you know “Never to be repeated” then probably sometime later the next batch will be invited to a “once in a lifetime!” “When it’s over well sell it to the next bunch!” sale

good marketing!!

kimbers

got one of them i beam seatposts for a tenner and some short liners (in large;-)

they do have this stem on sale, only 50 quid still cant bring myself to buy it

dunno whetehr to go for the 5.10 impact his for 75 quid- which is back to the price they were a year ago??!

also some wtb folding 29er tyres there for 11 quid, if you have freaky sized wheels id think youd be quite happy with them!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘CRC Private Members Sale’ is closed to new replies.