Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • CRC: crap service! + anyone want some money off…
  • Jenga
    Free Member

Think you’ve lost the plot, big time.

Drac

yeah well if i’d been killed by a lorry that didn’t see me in a snow blizzard then i would have been knocking on crc’s door demanding to know why they sold me a dud,

I really think you might struggle to do that.

grumm
    Free Member

yeah well if i’d been killed by a lorry that didn’t see me in a snow blizzard then i would have been knocking on crc’s door demanding to know why they sold me a dud

You are just digging deeper and deeper here – give up.

Do you expect CRC never to sell anything that ever goes wrong?

wwaswas

“all they give a toss about is money money money”

but isn’t money the essence of your issue – your money?

scaredypants

Now I didn’t read this very closely 😉

*paging TJ*

but, if the item is faulty on receipt (or within 6 months or sommat) shouldn’t you have a refund of your money rather then vouchers (unless you originally paid by vouchers) or a replacement – and don’t you get to choose which ?

wwaswas

“Now I didn’t read this very closely”

clearly – the problem is the one he had went wrong so he went ahead and bought another one from them then sent the first, duff, one back for a warranty claim, and then expected a refund on the price of a new one. He won’t, now, send the new one back.

bonj
    Free Member

When are you going to realise that CRC didn’t manufacture the light. Its not their fault that it doesn’t work. It is the manufacturers fault AND the manufacturers responsibility to replace it. Your arguments are ridiculous!

er… i think you’ll find that my contract of sale is with CRC. so it’s their responsibility to do something about it. But at the end of the day, I accept that they’ve DONE what they are obliged to do, probably more (as in, just quicker).
    BUT, my issue’s not with that, it’s the fact that they WILL let me get to the position I want to be in, just only by sending it back and ordering it again! it’s not the fact that i don’t agree with their policy that bugs me, what’s really frustrating is the fact that i can achieve the result i want but only by jumping through a massive hoop of sending something i want back across to them only for them to send it back again!! aaarrgh! it’sjust completely unnecessary.

I’m not trying to stamp up and down ‘cos i “can’t get what i want”, i’m just really exasperated that something so tortuous has to happen that could be solved with literally a few clicks of a mouse. I’m bewildered at the state the world’s come to, to a state where we have computers that can perform heart surgery, control spacecraft and play chess, but where something has to be sent across the sea on a ferry in an envelope by someone fully in the knowledge that it will be sent straight back again because some database system requires that it be on a separate invoice. It’s just exasperating that that has to happen when it’s completely unnecessary, you know?

but isn’t money the essence of your issue – your money?

no – see reply immediately above.

bonj
    Free Member

Now I didn’t read this very closely

*paging TJ*

but, if the item is faulty on receipt (or within 6 months or sommat) shouldn’t you have a refund of your money rather then vouchers (unless you originally paid by vouchers) or a replacement – and don’t you get to choose which ?

where does it say that?

davidrussell
    Free Member

think you dropped something

coffeeking
    Free Member

Part of why i like CRC is their user reviews, but it seems even they are worthless given that they obviously cherrypick the ones they like and bin the ones that highlight the downside of things.

I worry about that too, but I’ve submitted a few reviews and they havent shown up, even when they were positive, so I suspect its just a backlog or lost.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

bonj,

Email me directly and we’ll sort this out.

Andy.

richc
    Free Member

So anyone know any CRC discount voucher codes? 😉

bonj
    Free Member

bonj,

Email me directly and we’ll sort this out.

Andy.

ok thanks ygm.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Funniest thread in a while!!! 😆

Bonj – When you’ve calmed down, read through it from the start, I think even you will have a good laugh, especially if Andy has sorted things out for you! I only read the first page, proves you can have too much of a good thing! 😀

My god, what would it have been like if you were out of pocket for a Nite Rider Moab at £432 from CRC !!!

scaredypants

Though it seems (yay for CRC!) that this has blown over

for the benefit of WWaswas and bonj from here

This suggests that “but, if the item is faulty on receipt (or within 6 months or sommat)” you can have a refund. Of course this would be subject to a reasonable delay while manufacturer or supplier examines it to see if failure is NOT due to inherent fault and there’s clearly a risk they may disagree with you.

Q9. Must I accept a credit note instead of a refund?

It depends on why you want to return the goods.

• If you have changed your mind, then the shop doesn’t have to do anything.

• But if the goods are faulty, incorrectly described or not fit for purpose, then you are entitled to your money back (provided you act quickly), and you certainly don’t have to take a credit note

WTF
    Free Member

You could have saved a lot of hassle if you phoned them 😀

gingerflash

“they WILL let me get to the position I want to be in, just only by sending it back and ordering it again! it’s not the fact that i don’t agree with their policy that bugs me, what’s really frustrating is the fact that i can achieve the result i want but only by jumping through a massive hoop of sending something i want back across to them only for them to send it back again!! aaarrgh! it’sjust completely unnecessary.”

What seems “completely unnecessary” is all this whining about it. Why don’t you just stop going on about the mistake you’ve made, suck it up and jump through their “massive hoop”. Send the light back, wait for your refund, then buy a new one with your vouchers. If you’d have done that instead of starting this thread, you’d be half way to getting the new light and wouldn’t have got all this grief on here.

Fagus
    Free Member

Of course OP is right out of order. He’s completely in the wrong. BUT…all his shouting has got Andy to speak to him directly, and he will finish up with exactly what he wants, even though everyone agrees that he’s a complete***** CRC will give in to maintain good PR.

Being nice and doing things “the proper way” doesn’t always work. Sometimes being a complete sh1t is the better policy.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Lol @ this thread.. just goes to show what happens when you go to work!

If you want goods at cheap prices with genrally service, go to a massive mail order place like CRC with good buying power.

If you want personal service, where they know your name and make you a coffee, use your LBS.

If CRC didn’t have policys in place, or didn’t stick to them, they would enter a minefield- how popular would they be if they refunded you for your mistake, but the next person that did the same was told NO!

If they make a mistake, yes they should seek to resolve your issue on a more personal level- if YOU make the mistake, you have to accept there are rules and guidlines in place.

jimthesaint

Hmmm, I had a problem with regards to CRC recently. I sent an email to CRC asking for them to sort it out for me and Andy emailed back saying that there was nothing he could do for me. I whinged on here about it and then they sorted it out for me. My problem was similar to Bonj’s in that it may have been my mistake in the first place. What is annoying though is that my problem like Bonj’s is easily sorted once we air our dirty laundry in public. If it is possible to rectify something and keep a customer happy then it’s just good business practice to do so, why should Bonj have to endure a bashing by the stw massive before it’s sorted?

Oh, and if goods are faulty the retailer is allowed to repair/rectify the problem, replace the item or refund the customer in the same manner in which they paid. Vouchers/store credit should not be issued unless specified by the customer. So before the stw collective start bashing some one like Bonj again they need to check the facts as Bonj had a legitimate complaint to take to trading standards.

On a lighter more positive note I had to send some forks back to CRC recently to have some warranty done and they were sent back repaired in less than 10 days. Which I’m sure you’ll agree is excellent customer service, so they’re obviously not all bad.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Wheen i lasted had a faulty item that i couldn’t do with out i checked that i could get a refund if i bought a new one and they agreed that the original was faulty before i ordered it.
    It always pays to talk to the people/company involved as soon as you have a problem.

Gary_M
    Free Member

he will finish up with exactly what he wants

So he wanted everyone on here to think he was a spolit child who has to get his own way.

aP
    Free Member

Does he work in IT as well?

JimSu
    Free Member

“You could have saved a lot of hassle if you phoned them”

…except their phones have been switched off at least since last Thursday while I have been trying to contact them and they are 3 days behind with email enquies.

They are however still getting orders out quickly in my recent experience.
    I do hope they return to their previous high level of customer responsiveness soon.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Guys,

Bonj is all sorted now.

We have new staff starting the office this week and next, and more interviews are taking place on Thursday so once we get the team sorted numbers wise things will get back to normal.

Simply the number of emails and phone calls we are receiving at the moment has increased massively and overwhelmed us a bit.

Not quite 3 days behind on email, though the inbox is pretty big at the moment. We are working on it though.

Andy

JimSu
    Free Member

Thanks Andy, thats good news. I think you run a good business and hope you continue to do well (for what my opinion is worth!)

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘CRC: crap service! + anyone want some money off…’ is closed to new replies.