• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CRC Bargain
  • dyna-ti

Ordered 2m of Hope brake hose with next day shipping. Instead of 2m, they’ve sent me 5 1/2m 😀

LimboJimbo

You’ll not be laughing when you catch that 4m loop on a tree branch! 😉

martinhutch

Is it 5×0.5m? That won’t work as well.

monkeyboyjc

Building a tandem?

dyna-ti

No tandem, but i can also redo the front brake with new hose. So win win, and as its so i can sell the tech 3 V 4’s in favour of the new tech 4 V4’s its best for the next owner. Calipers and levers were bought new at different times whenever a good deal came along. I think I just fitted a used hose to the front to get it upand running, but best both being new kit.

Must have been the end of the roll or something, but big thanks to whomever in CRC just put the lot in.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think you will find the CRC bargain was when my flat mate said “here look at these hubs, I’m sure they are white ndustry” they were listed as “budget front hubs” or some such, he messaged and asked and the confirmed NOS white industries. We cleared them out and put them dripped fed them through ebay.

roughly 40notes each. tidy.

poah
    Free Member

I once ordered one gear cable and they sent me the box.

dovebiker

I once ordered 5m of outer cable and they sent me 5x 1m lengths!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I ordered some kit at wiggle recently, and in the order comments stated that “I love the delicious taste of your tasty Haribo”, and in return when I received my package I found none other than..

f*&k all haribo.

Maybe I’ll state that I hate it next time.

dyna-ti

I think you will find the CRC bargain was when my flat mate said “here look at these hubs, I’m sure they are white ndustry” they were listed as “budget front hubs” or some such, he messaged and asked and the confirmed NOS white industries. We cleared them out and put them dripped fed them through ebay.

roughly 40notes each. tidy.

Free money 😀

Tri Sport resort – Which i think is the ebay clearing house for wiggle, is also somewhere you can get a great deal.

Admittedly you need to be lucky, as some things can go above their retail price, which I sometimes find really odd as you can get them elsewhere on ebay for cheaper. But thats the panic of bidding wars i suppose.

My best tri sport wins were a new Sram XO 10 speed rear mech they listed as being the wrong type, even though it said Type 2.1 on it. Retails over 200, i got it for 55. or a pair of Rotor rex crankset(inc rings). Ad stated bits were missing, but on closer inspection I could see the missing bits were there, but instead of being in the parts packet had been screwed into the end of the axle. Another 60 quid bargain, again retails over 200

Last win was a new  1 1/8″ Hope headset for £25 which again stated parts were missing, but I counted the parts included, checked the Hope website and could see everything was included.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Did it come in a 5.5m long box?

Northwind

I bought some cable inners and the picker had obviously just thrown in a handful. So I bought some more and the same thing happened. I only ran out of them this year

dirkpitt74

Had a couple of bargains from Tri-Sport Resort myself.
    I got a Nukeproof Scout frame for £155 and an NS Clash frame for £65 – the clash just needed a new £5 mech hanger.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I ordered 2x Shimano Olive and Barb sets, they sent me 2x packs of 10, they didn’t even want them back. That was the last set of Shimano brakes I owned, so I’ve got 18 of them swimming around in the bottom of my parts bucket somewhere.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.