Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crankset / BB query – PF30 to 24mm Hollowtech II converter
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Thinking of replacing a set of FSA PF30 cranks with some XTR M980 in the new year once the Winter does it’s worst to the current chainrings. The frame is a PressFit BB, can anyone recommend any good PF30>Hollowtech II BB converters to consider?

philwarren11
    Free Member

Praxis. Done.

Yak

KCNC is ok too. Avoid the sram one as (imo) it tends to ‘walk’ out.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

philwarren11 – Thanks, looks and sounds good and not too much at £55. How good are the Praxxis bearings / BB that comes as part of the kit? Looks they come fitted with Enduro bearings so I’m presuming they’re decent.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I used the SRAM one – https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sram-pressfit-30-to-bsa-adaptor-kit/rp-prod71306

put in a hope stainless BB and it’s been perfect: 10months no issues

theotherjonv

Impressed with my Praxxis so far. IIRC the Bearings can be pulled and replaced as well, although they do say it’ll invalidate the warranty.

theotherjonv

seeing as no-one’s biting – what use a warranty is for a BB with knackered bearings is beyond me as the bearings aren’t a warrantable item.

So you can have a BB with non-turning bearings that is still in warranty, but not for the part that makes it functional.

Or an out of warranty BB with bearings that work.

Hmmm…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crankset / BB query – PF30 to 24mm Hollowtech II converter’ is closed to new replies.