Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crank Bros Cleat Replacement Question…
  • mboy
    Free Member

How often do you replace your Crank Bros Cleats?

I'm asking cos on my winter boots, the cleats are looking fairly worn (though they still seem to work ok), but I don't know whether or not it's worth replacing them yet… At a guess, they've probably done 30 or so rides, wouldn't like to guess how many miles that is… Probably work on an average of 15-20 miles per ride.

So when do you replace yours? When they no longer engage at all? Or would I really notice the difference fitting some new ones now?

Smee
    Free Member

Certainly not within 600 miles that's for sure.

carlos
    Free Member

My mate has had a set for over 12 months now and he does a lot of walking when out with the bike, although they look fubar they still clip in and out OK.
    I'd look at changing them when you get to the 'very easy to un-clip or foot comes un-cliped unexpetedly'

mboy
    Free Member

Certainly not within 600 miles that's for sure.

Yeah fair enough, that's what I'd have thought. But unlike Shimano cleats they're brass, not steel aren't they. And possibly due to a fair bit of walking too, they do look a fair state!

They definitely don't clip in as well as when new, though they do still clip in ok though… Just don't want to be in the situation, mid ride somewhere, where I can no longer clip into my pedals!

smiffy

Remember that the bits you see paly no part in clipping in, they can look unrecognisable and still clip in fine, I've had mine in for years.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hello mate, when they've had it you will start to become unclipped too easily that's all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros Cleat Replacement Question…’ is closed to new replies.