Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • cove stiffee any good and any pics of your build ?
  • catnap
    Free Member

hi good people i maybe getting a stiffee frame for my bits off my rocky ridge, will it be a good swap for the larger rider :wink:! or a very much same kind of ride? love the rocky ridge but fancy a change. any pics you have of your build to help me along would be dandy thanks.

Scootash
    Free Member

Over winter I bought a Stiffee frame to replace my 3 year old Marin Rocky Ridge setup. Got some Magura Menjas on there, and they're more suited to fast singletrack then the Fox Vans were on the Rocky Ridge. The difference between the two frames is pretty minimal, except there's a double bottle mount on the Stiffee!

The stiffee is good, done 3 day epics on it and Welsh trail centres and all your normal all mountain riding.

It's worth the money just so you can tell people about your Stiffee all day.

It looks like this:

Build is now (not quite as shown in the picture):
    Hope pro 2 wheels, SLX crankset and Deraileur, XT shifters and casette. Hope Mono Mini brakes, Thomson seatpost, Magura Menja 130 forks, Wellgo MG1 pedals. It's reasonably light, but I've not weighed it.

catnap
    Free Member

thanks for the pics and info scootash, wow thats some pudddle youve hit there !! 😆

mackie
    Free Member

This is mine:

I suspect my stem may be too long, might change it for something 70mm-ish.

catnap
    Free Member

heres mine now new build::

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

great bike but lot of cash for a bike thats a wee bit dated IMHO
    other bikes will do the same job at half the price

mackie
    Free Member

True enough, there was just something about the simple looks and anodised finish that I liked. It's similar money to a Chameleon but something like an mmmBop is much better value!

PS. Has anyone ever seen one the same colour as mine?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘cove stiffee any good and any pics of your build ?’ is closed to new replies.