Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Could you write this with a clear conscience? – PR content
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I have a strange craving for one of these deep fried treats but I don’t really like Mars bars. Do you think they’d do a deep fried Double Decker or Boost?

jfletch
    Free Member

I’ve never had a battered Mars but I did once have a battered snickers from the wonderful Millenium take away in Sheffield (50p burgers mmmmmmm!)

The juxtaposition of the crispy batter, gooey mars stuff and the crunch peanuts was truely a delight.

I was in no way sober!

jota180
    Free Member

Mars aren’t exactly without previous when it comes to PR

They changed the name of the Mars Bar to the Believe bar back in 2006 in a campaign to support England in Euro 2006.
    Not sure how their sales went North of the border, fried or otherwise 🙂

jfletch
    Free Member

See thats fine. Trying to associate your product with a trait, such as beliving in England is fairly harmless, people might be PRed into buying your product but so what, nobody forced them.

But claiming you promote a healthy lifestyle when all you sell is sugary snacks is just full on BS.

An analogy would be McDonalds sponsoring the olympics which just them trying to associate them selves with a popular event, vs them running an add campain saying that top athletes eat big macs to help them train.

Tiger6791

HoratioHufnagel – Member
    deep fried Double Decker or Boost

I like this idea

jota180
    Free Member

See thats fine. Trying to associate your product with a trait, such as beliving in England is fairly harmless,

Not when you use the same marketing in Scotland it’s not 😀

RustySpanner

I had a deep fried Mars Bar in Scotland last year.
    They fried it in the same fat they used for the fish.

Rank does not begin to describe it.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

They fried it in the same fat they used for the pish.

Does that?

druidh
    Free Member

Mike Hall ate at McDonalds regularly during his record round-the-world cycle.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s because MacD’s will not poison you, at least not in the short-term. And he needed the cals.

glupton1976
    Free Member
    scaredypants

There’s glucose for energy, caramel for strength. The chocolate’s only there to keeeep it, the right leeeeeeeength !
    😀

br
    Free Member

I also had to laugh when I read it this morning.

The chip shop I went to in Scotland wouldn’t deep fry me a Mars bar.

My local, Scott’s View in St Boswells – even do that classic dish; deep-fried pizza 🙂

martymac

ive tried a deep fried mars bar, tbh i sort of enjoyed it, but i havent had the desire for another one.
    spoke to a mate one day who told me he tried a deep fried cream egg.
    dont fancy that like.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Could you write this with a clear conscience? – PR content’ is closed to new replies.