Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Could I paint it white?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

I put up a dining room table again today on Freecycle. Had it up earlier in the week to get a lady drive 30 miles to see it and say she would take it, drive back then email to say her car wasn’t going to be big enough.

Anywyay.

Put it back up today and got some of the following replies.

DO you have photos – no I clearly stated in the posting that I cannot find my camera.
    Followed by – When do you think you will get a camera to take a photo? – You bring a camera over and I’ll take a photo of it and then email it to you – didn’t hear back from him.

How big is it? – dimensions are clearly stated in the posting
    followed by Will it fit in my car, it’s a 307? – Quite possibly, if it doesn’t I have a lovely circular saw here to make it fit.

Is it made of oak? I want an oak table? – I have no idea if it’s made of oak or not, it’s dark stained wood and heavy
    Followed by – Can you find out if it’s made of oak? – Yes. I shall cut a small piece off it and send it away for analysis. I’ll let you know the outcome.

finally

Do you think I could paint it white? – I imagine you could, if you had a paint brush and some white paint.

These were all within 5 – 10 minutes of posting.

I then got the perfect reply – The table sounds perfect. I have an MPV and I am free all day and the weekend. Can we arrange a time to collect it? Here is my number XXX but if you would rather I called you can you email me your number.

Really nice lady turned up and took it away and even said thankyou.

Previous Freecycle comedy

A lady turning up in a Corsa to collect a cubic metre of medium sized gravel.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Freecycle – like eBay but for tight, mental people.

Cougar

A lady turning up in a Corsa to collect a cubic metre of medium sized gravel.

That’s simple if she has a sunroof.

I love Freecycle. The “wanted” ads are comedy gold. “Wanted: Ferrari (must be a red one)”

Cougar

We had one the other day that said “Offered: head” Turned out to be part of a dressmaker’s dummy or some such. Imagine my disappointment, etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

Freecycle – for when you can’t be bothered to drive to the tip.

BigJohn

cubic metre of medium sized gravel

Maybe it was the “medium sized” that confused her.

Stoner
    Free Member

What do expect with scrounging hippies? Lucid intellectuality?

Cougar

No, I think that’s a Queensryche single.

nicko74

No, but you could paint it black

Stoner
    Free Member

that’s “silent lucidity” you old rocker you…

Cougar

Yes, I know this (-: Comedic licence.

Stoner
    Free Member

mleh I had to Wiki it 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is a great song though – good call 🙂 I am very much liking Queensryche at the moment.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Could I paint it white?’ is closed to new replies.