Cotis Soul V’s ????

Home Forum Bike Forum Cotis Soul V’s ????

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cotis Soul V’s ????
  • pimblett

Thinking about getting a hardtail after many years of riding full sus and the only frame thats a possible purchase is a Cotic Soul.

Any recommendations?

theboatman

If it’s the ‘only possible purchase’ I recommend you buy it 🙄

nukeproof

Inbred standard or 853

Genesis Altitude 853

DB PA

Pipedream Sirius

…I’m sure there’s more

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

They’re disc only. No V’s I’m afraid.

Very nice frame, but head angle’s a little steep for some – esp with a 100mm fork.

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

I have a Simple (same frame really) which I replaced my Heckler with. SO far, I’ve not missed full sus at all.
    I run 130mm ‘zoccchi AM forks and find the angles fine.

Premier Icon Clink
    Subscriber

lovely frame – but I preferred my 456

Premier Icon jim the saint
    Subscriber

The current off-the-peg steel xc frames for 130mm forks that haven’t been mentioned yet are NS Bikes Society, Dialled Bikes Alpine, On-One 456 and Genesis Alptitude (any more for any more?).

Haven’t seen one in the flesh yet but the new steel Maxlight looks like it might be a decent frame. Obviously STW’s favourite Guerilla Marketer Brant will have his new stuff available soon enough as well.

conkerman

OP needs V brake bosses from the look of it.

Mustn’t like slowing down much 🙂

Conks

nukeproof

@ BigJohn and Conkerman

Eh? Where does OP say he needs V brakes: surely he means ‘Cotis Soul versus ????’

I had a Soul for 3 years – longer than I think I’ve owned any bike. Only replaced it because I wanted to be faster on the downs but still have a bike that pedalled nearly as well – BLur 4X was the answer!

steve_b77

What about a Hand job~?

twang

P7 (orange not torch!)

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Rocklobster 853?

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

steve_b77, I think that should be in the classifieds.

waihiboy

P7 is the way to go, i couldnt afford a cotic so got the P7 just chucked some Vans on it and its great…

Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

if you insist on Cotic, get a BFe instead

mudshark

Eh? Where does OP say he needs V brakes: surely he means ‘Cotis Soul versus ????’

Well, this is a good example of why grammar is worth something….

Ed2001

I thought about a soul but ended up getting a handjob and have been very happy with it, great bike. Soul is nice too.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

HJ here too.

Love it and wouldn’t swap for any other steel frame.

Premier Icon goby
    Subscriber

I got 456 its great, would like to try a cotic bfe though but most of all a curtis Mmmmmm 😀

tomlevell

Very nice frame, but head angle’s a little steep for some – esp with a 100mm fork.

I find it very nice with 100mm Menjas.
    It was also very nice up to 130mm Revelations although going uphill on the Simple at 130mm was a bit of a pain. They tended to stay at 115mm.

Just about to put 80mm sus corrected P2s on as both the above forks need fixing ;0)

DMR is bringing out a “mountain bike” this year. If its half as good as the switchback then i’d get one just as a spare 🙂

daveb

I have a 3 yr old Cotic Soul that I used to run with rev 130mm forks and it was excellent. I changed it last week to 100mm Reba forks and prefer it. Better on the climbs and not a huge difference on the descents.

I have previously owned a Cove HJ and Stiffee and prefer the Cotic, the HJ was an excellent frame though.

Coasting

Ive found the Soul to b one of the nicest bikes ive owned and thats quite a few.Currently running 100m Fox and find the bike handles very well without being to nervous but would probably swap to 130m if useing the bike in real tech or steap stuff.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cotis Soul V’s ????’ is closed to new replies.