Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Cotic Rocket – My New Steed
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Well, after months of asking questions of you guys about hardtail v full sus and cotic v mass production I finally have the bike complete. Havent had a chance to ride it due to weather but it looks amazing 🙂 in my humble opinion of course. I will let you lot be the judge as you helped build it after all

deluded
    Free Member

That’s very nice mate – good work.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Looks nice, hope you ignore the rain and go get her muddy and enjoy!

godzilla
    Free Member

Happy new bike dude, Rockets rock!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Very nice indeed..

chiefgrooveguru

Nice! I told you Cotics were good (I was the Soul owner just leaving as you were visiting Freedom Bikes for the first time). Shame the weather’s less than ideal for testing it but I think it needs to see some mud! 😉

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’ve got a black one, 5 rides in now, love it.

johnj2000
    Free Member

How spooky chief 🙂

I can’t get her mucky she looks too good. Did you get chance to see her in the shop at any point as it was being built?

chiefgrooveguru

Fortunately not, I’ve already bought another lovely orange bike since then, I can’t afford any more!

johnj2000
    Free Member

I am trying to figure out a way of funding a hardtail build now 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Looks lovely. Why on earth do Cotic use that awful head badge though?

johnj2000
    Free Member

I like it, but then so do my children so that says a lot about me 🙂

tomhoward

Weeding needs doing…

mboy
    Free Member

Looks great

I’m judging by all the Bontrager kit a Trek of some sorts died to make this live?

If it was mine I’d drop a ring or two, change the saddle, fit a dropper post and maybe a shorter stem, but that’d be about it. It’s a slick build for sure…

racefaceec90

that looks lovely.enjoy riding it 😀

johnj2000
    Free Member

Saddle was a little tarty I have to admit. It was bought purely for its orange and white rather than anything deeper. Bontrager kit was a combination of me wanting the tyres and the LBS being a Trek dealer.

Out of interest why would you shed a few rings? I had a few question marks when choosing so would be good to get some other thoughts.

rOcKeTdOg

The weather wouldn’t stop me riding this!

yum yum by jj.nicholson@btinternet.com, on Flickr
    You must have some will power or aquaphobia! No way could i wait to ride it

godzilla
    Free Member

16 replays and nobody’s said anything about the potted weed or dissed your wall!
    This place is going downhill.

godzilla
    Free Member

Crappy iPhone double post.

Bregante

What rocketdog says. Get out and ride the thing. Looks tasty.

bol

…and no one had said anything about it being a ‘steed’ either.

Lovely looking bike. Will look even nicer with some mud on.

SBrock
    Free Member

That bike is begging to be ridden!

I’ve just nearly finished building my new Cotic Soul in orange cant wait to get out on it!

clubber
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike in that size. it’s a shame that the larger sizes look so er ‘awkward’ with that seat tube brace.

+1 for go out and ride it, you tart 🙂

honourablegeorge

Deserves bigger bars, and a coat of mud.

jimmy

Very nice.

Saw one of these in Les Arcs last week with a coil shock on. Looked sweet and ideal for the trails.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Looks very nice that. Good choice of components. Enjoy it!

tomhoward

Godzilla, that may be true. Or your reading skills aren’t what they used to be…

Nice ride by the way!

faz083
    Free Member

Freedombikes Brighton? If so I look forward to seeing that out and about / thursday night rides?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Oi! whats up with my wall? It functions perfectly well 🙂

And how did you get the image directly into the forum pages?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Unfortunately Faz although Freedom Bikes built it, it now lives further along the south coast near Portsmouth.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

terrific bikes but

Steed

you dont deserve it 😉

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ahhh I see 🙂

Deserved or not I am just off out on it.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Out of interest why would you shed a few rings?

I’d go for a single ring because 10 gears is plenty for me, I hate front derailleurs, love full chain devices, prefer the aesthetics and simplicity and don’t like having a big ring to hook up on rocks/ slash my legs to ribbons.

Never going back to multiple front rings until my knees are too hooped to push a 32t ring.

I’d like a proper go on a Rocket – had a brief demo cut short by slashing the sidewall open at the Singletrack Weekender.

mattjg
    Free Member

I am trying to figure out a way of funding a hardtail build now

Do it bit by bit via the classifieds. Every squisher should have a HT buddy to rub shoulders with.

I removed the stickers from my Stan’s rims, they’re a bit garish IMO.

& go get it dirty!

johnj2000
    Free Member

It was dirty, it is now clean again. Bloody lovely to ride compared to my rickety old I-Drive, but to be fair any off the shelf new bike would have been. All I am qualified to say is that I love it and it’s nice to have something with a little bit of individuality. Happy days.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

liked the look of your tyres wrt to my “what cheap tyres” thread. I see that there are deals out there. Do you like them?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Only had one ride so far but they seem good, haven’t really tested them though. They get good reviews.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Great stuff, glad you got it built. Go and get it muddy. Then return home and remove the shit stained grips and saddle and throw them in the bin and fit some black ones instead. Then it’ll look great!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket – My New Steed’ is closed to new replies.