Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • cotic dealers near wallingford/reading ?
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all,

I was planning on buying a cotic Bfe frame from a certain bike shop in goring as they do/did disciunt for armed forces only to realise it has closed down.

Anyone know of another cotic dealer in the reading/wallingford area ?

Cheers

Steve

renton
    Free Member

Bumpy bump.

Any chiltern riders on here that can tell me what happened to the shop in goring ?

weeksy

They just threw the towel in mate, been taken over by Mountain Mania who are also in Didcot.
    I was quite suprised.

renton
    Free Member

Gutted.

I was going to go down and get a good del on a bfe frame!

zbonty

Not making enough money i guess. Some of their old stock ended up at auction in Reading recently.
    Similarly Mountain High in nearby Pangbourne closed last year-very busy shop bitd.

New Evans opened in Reading/competition from the web =cheerio indy lbs.

weeksy

Mountain high closed because of rent issues, not money/lbs issues, basically they were told it’s either pay loads more for renewal or get out… they decided they’d had enough and threw in the towel.

my neighbour still rides with the old mountain high crew weekly, i go out every now and again with them.

bigrich

mountain high’s gone? I used to like that place!

gee
    Free Member

Mountain Trax near Barkham?

mtbfix

Mountain trax are no longer showing cotic on their site so I’d call before making the trip. Lovely shop though.

druidh
    Free Member
    cinnamon_girl

I can’t believe that Mountain Trax are unable to sell them but I think they’d like to. They made a lovely job of building up both my Soul and Simple. 🙂

Edit: perhaps it’s something to do with the other brands they sell.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I am not to far away, (Devizes, Wiltshire) and can get Cotic if you stil can’t find anywhere, sure we can sort a nice build out. 😉

cy

Renton – drop me a line (cy – at) and we’ll talk it over.

ononeorange

I’m sure Cy will look after you, but another thumbs up here for Mountain Trax generally. Did a lovely job on Mrs O’s Juliana and have lots of cases of shiny things.

Them aside, the Chilterns is a bit of a desert for LBS’s in my opinion. Surprising, given the quality of riding (when it’s not been raining for 6 weeks solid!).

renton
    Free Member

Cy – email sent !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘cotic dealers near wallingford/reading ?’ is closed to new replies.