Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Coping with life’s disappointments?
  • binners

These are rubbish!

They’ve besmirched the good name of mini cheddars

They’ve not just let themselves down….

I feel I’ve no option but to eat a packet of these to make me feel slightly less crestfallen

fasthaggis

Will I pop a bag of these in the post for ya ?
    Slabs

👍🤣😉🙃

kelvin

Did you try dipping them in anything though Binners?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

By a pack of the Red Leicester cheddars I assume you mean a multipack?! They’re too moreish to stop at one small bag.

Pieface

I’ve found anything ‘Marmite’ flavoured just isn’t Marmite enough. You either love it or hate it, therefore anyone choosing them will want the full Marmite experience, none of the feeble half measures that are available.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You can buy the red leicesters in the vendi at edinburgh bus station before you get on the bus back too peebles. My other half has gone off to get some before hopping on the last bus before. Once she came back grinning some bloke bought them for her. I am frankly astounded she came back to me.

MoreCashThanDash

I am frankly astounded she came back to me.

That’s not the disappointment the OP was referring to….

joshvegas
    Free Member

The dissapointment was not getting any of the bloody cheddars.

5lab

I’ve found anything ‘Marmite’ flavoured just isn’t Marmite enough. You either love it or hate it, therefore anyone choosing them will want the full Marmite experience, none of the feeble half measures that are available.

interestingly I’ve found the opposite. particularly the humous they did last year – I had to mix in a pot of normal homous to make it edible.

I eat marmite thin spread on toast – so you can barely see it. perhaps your one of those people who put it on like nutella?

Harry_the_Spider

Egg falvoured crisps? That is just ****ing wrong.

Go and eat a full box of Ritz biscuits whilst thinking about what you have done.

p7eaven
    Free Member

I had a multipack of Mini Cheddars over Xmas. Hadn’t had any for many, many years. Like most things in the snack world they have gone downhill. The taste is not 50% of what it was. Very bland and hardly cheesy. More sort of lightly oily with a slight milky nearly-cheese sort of taste. They used to be proper sharp, twangy and decisively-flavoured.

Space Raiders are still rocking the flavour charts though. Do not please ever fail me, my faithful, eyebrow-shuffling, extraterrestrial corn shaped golden beauties

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And here I was expecting this thread to be another one about children.

Still, I tried aldi beef and horseradish crisps the other day, not even the slightest tingle of sadisticly pleasurable nasal pain.

RustyNissanPrairie

These were slightly disappointing in that they weren’t actually monster sized but were at least bigger than normal.

Cougar

This was one of my biggest food disappointments of recent years. It promised so much.

I eat marmite thin spread on toast – so you can barely see it. perhaps your one of those people who put it on like nutella?

Hiya.

sirromj

Still, I tried aldi beef and horseradish crisps the other day, not even the slightest tingle of sadisticly pleasurable nasal pain.

Ah that reminds me of my mustard thread I never did get around to trying any of the mustards suggested.

Yup. Add chillis to it sometimes too with a layer of scrambled egg in between, done in the microwave.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I see your Red Leicester Cheddars and raise you Giant Wotsits. Let’s just wrap this thread up here now.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

This was one of my biggest food disappointments of recent years. It promised so much.

I don’t see why you would do this to yourself, the only thing more obviously unlikely to deliver is is a boris Johnson pinky promise.

singletrackmind

Gold bars
    Shrunk by 20% its the same shizzle they pulled with wagon wheels just 40 years later
    I am now boycotting gold bars to show my disappointment

nicko74

Giant Wotsits. Let’s just wrap this thread up here now.

Here in the land of the free that’s Cheetos and they’re addictive. They also come as standard in bags as big as your torso, and go perfectly with red wine

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Giant Wotsits. Let’s just wrap this thread up here now.

I can’t get the conviction from my head that these are really just loofah that have been stored between someone’s flaby folds for a week.

stevextc
    Free Member

Disappointment written on the packet ..

Egg and Chips crisps ?? OK .. then “hand cooked in Olive oil” ???

WTF… If I’m having Egg and chips it’ll be dripping…

winston2005

Multi pack of Frazzles must of been 5 in a bag. I’m used to demolishing one of the supermarket own brand family pack

stumpy01

I was the same with Mikado.

The advert promised so much, but they delivered so little….

PS. Just watched the advert and it looks terribly dated & unsuitable now!! Jeez!

Also we got bought some gin and tonic flavour After Eight at Christmas. They were pish…

kelvin

I am now boycotting gold bars to show my disappointment

I had to stop buying them because I could never eat just one.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Marmite stuuf is never ever Marmity enough..

However i do eat it straight from the jar…

CountZero

I see your Red Leicester Cheddars and raise you Giant Wotsits. Let’s just wrap this thread up here now.

You left out the Nacho Cheese and Jalapeño Mini Cheddars, and the Seebrights Lee & Perrin’s Worcestershire Sauce flavour crisps.
    But don’t worry I’ve got some in the cupboard for tomorrow’s breaks. 😁

funkmasterp

Space Raiders are still rocking the flavour charts though. Do not please ever fail me, my faithful, eyebrow-shuffling, extraterrestrial corn shaped golden beauties

In a similar vein pickled onion monster munch still deliver. It’s like somebody has placed a whole onion in your mouth, forced you to bite down on it and then punched it right in to your flavour glands.

Alex

You left out the Nacho Cheese and Jalapeño Mini Cheddars, and the Seebrights Lee & Perrin’s Worcestershire Sauce flavour crisps.

A man after my own heart. Just dispatched a post ride Seebright WS washed down with a cold beer. Proper crisps. And those Nacho flavoured mini cheddars. I’m wondering if they could deliver them in a ton bag.

p7eaven
    Free Member

@funkmasterp

I’m feeling a foot v face-off

Disclaimer: My general memory of Monster Munch is not positive. Too sweet, oily and a bit ‘damp’ for my tastes – but willing to try again it’s been a decade or so. Last ones I tried IIRC were flaming hot, but as I say that’s got to be going back some. Bring it on, pickled onion Raiders V Monsters 2021.

aP
    Free Member

Can’t make the pictures work.
    But Irvins Salted Egg Crisps.

fazzini

binners
    These are rubbish!

They’ve besmirched the good name of mini cheddars

They’ve not just let themselves down….

I feel I’ve no option but to eat a packet of these to make me feel slightly less crestfallen

Well of course they are rubbish. How the hell are you supposed to hold a piece of cheese and a pickled onion between 2 of them? Serious design flaw right there.

locomotive

Go and eat a full box of Ritz biscuits whilst thinking about what you have done.

Ive never really understood punishment fantasies. Until now.

Pringles ads used to claim “once you pop you cant stop” but they provided a replacable lid…so evidently the didnt even believe it themselves.

Ritz on the other hand, no need to mess about with resealable packaging there eh!!!

PiknMix
    Free Member

The new Wee Cheddars with Strathdon blue cheese are pretty tasty, not tried the Ploughman’s or Dragons Breath ones yet.

binners

Amen to that. We’re fully stocked up with both. Also these:

tomhoward

I’m still not over Brannigans being axed. Any worthy substitutes that can come close to the punch in the face they provided?

binners

These are like being punched. More Branniganny than Brannigans

kelvin

Hopefully some better news for you…

p7eaven
    Free Member

The devils of oversaturated mediocrity are legion!

More choice is good?

deltacharlie72
    Free Member

@binners
    Jalepeno and Cheese

Between them and the double-cooked KFC Zinger crisps, my efforts to shift my lockdown weight have been well and truly scuppered!

KFC Zinger

I hadn’t been expecting much from them really, but the wife came back with some in the weekly shop a few weeks ago. Not sure how much like a KFC Zinger they are, but they are rather good!

binners

@deltacharlie72 – I too bought a multipack of those with pretty low expectations, then discovered that they’re absolutely bloody lovely.

It’s not doing my lockdown weight gain any favours either

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Coping with life’s disappointments?’ is closed to new replies.