Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • converted to tubeless….again!!
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

probably the fifth set of wheels/tyres ive converted, and yet another success story, just sharing my smugness!! all in about 30 minutes with a track pump too

jamesy01
    Free Member

At least share your technique…

sbob
    Free Member

Fifth?
    I’ve probably used hundreds of rim/tyre combinations and not once had an innertube fail to inflate correctly.

There, pissed on your chips didn’t I? 😛

scaredypants

I mounted a new tubeless tyre using a mini pump while on holiday the other week. That was hard

CountZero

Been using the same two pairs of wheels for ten years, and a third pair for six with no problems, don’t understand why others think there’s some sort of voodoo attached to using tubeless.

creamegg
    Free Member

I found it easy too, not sure what some people are doing to make it such hard work

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

I laugh in the face of danger HAHA (see)

wot? too much?

Klunk
    Free Member

just swapped the tyres over on the wife’s bike today , and thought to myself blimey these wheels have have been cheap, they’ve cost the price of single schwalbe tube in the last five years. Over the same period mine have cost £70 in jizz.

Bregante

I did my first set of tubeless the other week. Took me about 30 minutes all told, including making my own ghetto inflator which worked admirably

BoardinBob

Did 4 wheels this week for the first time. Dead easy, including having to drill rims today for Schrader valves.

footflaps

It’s all down to the tyre / rim combo, some work first time, some are near impossible esp if the rim and tyre both aren’t designed for tubeless. I generally find Stans rims are really easy, but them they’re designed to be.

BoardinBob

2 x Sun Ringle and 2 x WTB Dual Duty FR. Maxxis minions on both sets.

zippykona

I really want this stuff to work. Tried 4 different types of sealant and none of them have worked. That’s a lie, the bonty blue sealed after 3 days.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Please explain to me why tubeless is good? Other than not carrying tubes? Improved riding?

Klunk
    Free Member

Other than not carrying tubes?

eh ? you still have to carry tubes!

steviecapt
    Free Member

i think the only good thing about tubeless, is the fact you can run lower presures and not get pinch flats, apart from that i cant see the point, theres no difference in weight, i use latex tubes, 135gr each, run them for nearly a year, only had one puncture, big shard of glass, which btw was easily fixed with a park super patch in 5 mins, and when i change tyres i dont have all the bother of messing about with the fluid, and sealing the tyres, too many people think its the holy grail, i know just as many people who still use tubes, you still need tubes when you run tubeless, just incase you get a bad puncture on the trail, all i carry is two boxes of park super patches job done, and because i dont need to run my tyres at silly low presures that advantage doesnt apply to me, so from my point of view i honestly cant see the point, but like most things its each to their own lol, some people think they have to run tubeless to keep up with the crowd, overated if you ask me, i was running tubes over 20yrs ago ive not died yet, so if it aint broke dont fix it, the only place i can see a real advantage is when your doing alot of downhill or you like running low presures, apart from that cant see the point.

oxym0r0n

Not that you want to run lower pressures but you can -> increased traction/comfort

zippykona

I would love an independent person to replicate riding over that plank of wood with nails in it like they do in the Stans video.

Rob_S
    Free Member

Pootling down the Trans Pennine Trail a few weeks ago. Heard a hissing noise accompanied by a lovely catherine wheel effect of sealant spraying out of the front tyre for a few seconds. The hissing and the spray stopped and I carried on my way!

That’s why I run tubeless.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

sorry,i was only sharing my joy,i use stans,spesh tyres and bonty rims,scrub everything with a brush and soapy water and that was basically it

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘converted to tubeless….again!!’ is closed to new replies.