Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Consumer Rights?
  • MTT
    Free Member

Cutting to the chase…

I bought a road bike frame yesterday from a well known website, ive just been told that due to a stock count error it doesnt actually exist and they csn sourse as its a discontinued item. It is still listed on their website.

In the intervening period ive bought some second hand forks and a headset, and have sold (and been paid for) my frameset.

These things happen. Does the seller of the frame have any obligation to source a like for like replacement if I refuse a refund. I wouldn’t bother but it’s left me high and dry!

Thanks

scotroutes

No

Cougar

Even if they were obliged to, how would you expect them to do that? If they were able to supply it somehow they’d have already done so.

Shops generally like selling things, it’s a bit of a ‘thing’ for them.

Cougar

Actually, what do you mean by a “like for like replacement”? The same thing, or something similar?

MTT
    Free Member

Something similar

Cougar

Sorry, it might be me being dim, but is there anything stopping you from buying something similar with the money you’ll have refunded? I don’t really understand why you want to be going down the consumer rights road to force a shop into selling you something else. I’d have thought they’d have been more than happy to do that.

scotroutes

I assume that the OP managed to get a frame at a bargain price and now wants the supplier to provide another frame at that same price.

Cougar

Ah, I see.

In which case, I’d suggest the time-honoured technique of “asking nicely.” (-:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Consumer Rights?’ is closed to new replies.