Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Just had my bike stolen from my car
  • schmiken

Was packing the car ready for Christmas, left it open for the ten minutes it took to grab a few more bags, came back and my bike had been stolen from the back of it.

Can you all keep a lookout please as I am majorly gutted – it’s a green slopout Inbred with an XT Stages powermeter and 650B wheels bolted in. Based in Loughborough. I am absolutely devastated.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oooof… That’s a bit shit.
    Gutted for you fella.
    Good luck with it all eh.

wwaswas

that’s shit 🙁

I’d drive round the local area and look in the parks for an hour or two – could just be some local kids?

Speshpaul

As above, have a look out, if you see some likely lads ask if they have seen it offer a reward.

JAG

Raise a Posse and go a-hunting – quickly!

You may just find them 😈

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

make a b-line for the crap part of town and lay low see what you can see?

mega
    Free Member

gutted for you

it’s an opportunist theft so will be someone local. sounds a unique spec so there is a good chance you will find it. good luck.

BoardinBob

A mate of mine was unloading his bike and kit from his van a couple of years ago. Took the bike out, put it against his front wall, turned round to the van, grabbed a couple of bags, turned back round and the bike was gone. Looked up the street and saw some scrote cycling away. Gave chase but couldn’t catch him.

Thieves will steal from right under your nose. Never leave your bike out of sight even for a second.

OP, hope you get it back

everyone
    Free Member

Ahh shit mate, I’ll have a look out while I’m around.

lazybike
    Free Member

Have a look at any obvious hiding places, had 2 bikes taken from my garage, the thieves hid them behind a neighbours garage and came back for them later…

binners

Thats bloody rubbish!

Don’t forget to set up your eBay alerts should anything matching that description be listed over the festive period

fathomer

That really is shit Mike, thieving ****!

I’ll keep at eye out over my way, like Jim says, should be pretty recognisable 🙁

stumpy01

Give all the local bike shops/cash converters a ring and ask them to be on the look out.

rascal
    Free Member

That’s shit Mike.
    I’m around over Crimbo so I’ll keep my eyes peeled.
    It’ll be in Shelthorpe no doubt!
    Hope it’s back in your hands soon.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Im over that way regularly so will keep an eye out. Crappy start to christmas.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this Mike, will keep an eye out locally.

binners

Its worth nipping around your local Cash Convertor type of places, in the less salubrious parts of town, too. If someone is after some quick extra cash for crimbo, it could already be in one of those

footstomper
    Free Member

schmiken , How about putting a picture of the bike up as it is easier to spot if we know what it looks like 🙂
    Hope you get it back mate.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Hell mate bad times,hope you get it back!!. 🙁

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

That really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

ditto the pic posting.

I work in loughborough so will keep eyes peeled.

schmiken

Not a brilliant picture but may help if you see it around.

ads678

Bummer!

I’m down that way on weds for Christmas and new year so will keep an eye out.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Passed Cash Convertors in Loughborough today and didn’t spot it.

Moderators – why are my posts in this thread getting edited or deleted?

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’ll check the leicester cash converters as I’m past it most days.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Check online, Gumtree, Ebay, Pinkbike and the thousands of classified pages on facebook, “Push Bikes for sale Loughborough” “Mountain Bikes for Sale Oggaboogerland” Etc etc,
    Check further afield too,

found my prince albert all over these pleaces about 3 weeks after it was stolen!

I would certainly take a drive over to the local estates and keep an eye out!

scandal42
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes peeled around work mate.

Blue stickered crests must be fairly rare?

schmiken

Thanks guys, I have been keeping eyes on various groups and have put out a reward for info too. No joy yet though.

paddy0091
    Free Member

thieving gits.

I’ve just left Nottingham city, long shot, but will keep an eye out when I get back in a week.

No chance of nearby CCTV?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Just had my bike stolen from my car’ is closed to new replies.