Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Constants in life
  • salsaboy

So last night marked my 25th year with the same company.
    By chance, printed Singletrack, which has also been with me a long time.
    The only thing I’ve been doing longer is riding.

noteeth
    Free Member

Bikes, beer, books.

ton

bikes, beer.

andyruss
    Free Member

Taxes 😕

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mild disapointment.
    Boredom.
    Weariness.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m approaching (this year) my 25th year in the same* job! 😯

* company has been bought out twice in that period.

salsaboy

Still the same owners here, there have been some “twitchy” times though, 25yrs is a long time in printing.

Pieface

Death

yunki
    Free Member

change

cynic-al
    Free Member

girls

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HzuoajN5g[/video]

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The speed of light.
    22/7
    And the nagging feeling that everyone else is having more fun than me.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Only three guaranteed things in life: Death, tax and a nurse

I’ve only got one to go 🙁

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ahh Mr salsa! Was up riding in Rothiemurchus and around a bit of the euro ss champs race course on monday. Sun was shining and I thought to myself “I wonder what salsaboy’s upto these days.. haven’t seen him on the forum”

Hope yer doing fine.

samuri
    Free Member

If you’re a man? Disappointment. I reckon this is the great unspoken truth of the modern age. We’ve all been beaten down to accept that us white, middle aged men are the cause of all evils. We’re responsible for so many bad things, subdication of women and children, domination of the workplace, control of the payscale. We’ve been told that all the bad things that go on in the world, our fault. Watch the soaps, read the mail, listen to the news. We’re some bad mofo’s.

And we sit here and accept it.

We could do so much but we’re all married, tied into jobs we hate earning money for things we don’t need. We could all challenge Eddy Merckx or kick one up the spout of Terri Enri of whatever the F his name is but we don’t. We slog down, we do a crappy job supportiong a life we never asked for and we will never achieve what we could.

Disappointment. The universal constant.

Kevevs
    Free Member

tomato ketchup

zokes
    Free Member

Bloody hell Samuri! Cheer up man!

salsaboy

Samuri, you make a good case for disappointment, the dream of being elsewhere and living a different lifestyle is a constant for a LOT of folks I know. Would the Lotto work without that dream?

Martin, hello to you. I’m doing good thanks, that time up in sunny sunny Aviemore is etched in my mind, one of my top five riding experiences.
    Hope you are doing good.

leffeboy

Pie

jools182
    Free Member

Salsaboy and Rorschach +1

shooterman

We slog down, we do a crappy job supportiong a life we never asked for and we will never achieve what we could.

That.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That after 20 years of working on the railway, that whoever runs the it hasn’t got a fooking clue about efficiency, morale and they keep clutching at the idea of a re-org every 5 years being the saviour of the railway.

I won’t bother with my observations on the political constants in life as it’ll just degenerate into another STW rant/argument 😀

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Nurses.

nick3216
    Free Member

samuri +10

nick3216
    Free Member

Also, e

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

hunger

flintstoner
    Free Member

love

mboy
    Free Member

samuri, if it’s that bad, change it!

Not gonna say I’ve not had my fair share of disappointment in the past, but if that was my outlook on life, then I’d be asking for a gun right now! Many people out there aspire to the dull/meaningless/boring life that you have, cos they deal with far worse on a daily basis…

Anyway, Constants for me…

-Riding Bikes
    -Music
    -My best mate
    -Good Food

and errr, trying to think of others, but don’t think there are any! But I think as long as I’ve still got those 4 I can remain positive enough not to want to end it all tomorrow at least! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Planck’s

clockweights
    Free Member

Cannock Chase:
    Played there as a child, took girls there as a youth, rode bikes there for as long as I can remember. Never been dogging though.

salsaboy

Dogging could be the next phase then.

JulianA
    Free Member

Fun, love, orchids and other fascinating plants, travel, birdwatching…

What’s not to enjoy?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Constants in life’ is closed to new replies.