Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • condition of stainburn trails at the moment please?
  • bomberman
    Free Member

are they good, rideable or sh*te? thinking of going at the weekend.

mark_b
    Free Member
    bomberman
    Free Member

quite confusing that! 90% rideable but 1ft deep?? not the most decisive analysis!

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

There were people riding last Saturday (07 Feb). They were managing but the snow was presenting extra challenges on any sections of the trail where it settled (e.g. Descent Line). In the woods many sections were clear.

I haven’t been up since but until today there’s not been any significant snow (well, maybe a little on Sunday night). I suspect it will mostly be rideable with a little caution and probably a few icy patches.

But, TBH, it’s a trail on a hill, with some trees, mud and rocks. Unless you’re driving miles and miles I’d just go and try it for yourself. How bad could it be?

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Actually, just checking what PJ wrote:

The trails are still covered in snow, but 90% rideable at present, of piste and some open sections of the climb it is up to 1ft deep

To me it’s quite clear the deep snow (up to 1ft) is off piste, i.e. not on the trail apart from sections of the climb in the open.

bomberman
    Free Member

oh i wasn’t sure what “of piste” meant, thanks CM.

mark_b
    Free Member

quite confusing that! 90% rideable but 1ft deep?? not the most decisive analysis!

I think you need to take issue with PJ’s use of of instead of off, rather than getting worried about trail conditions analysis. Grammar pedantry is so much more singletrackworlds’ style 🙂

bomberman
    Free Member

too true

“of piste” could have actually meant ON piste, especially as the preceeding clause states that the trails are still covered in snow:

The trails are still covered in snow, but 90% rideable at present, of piste and some open sections of the climb it is up to 1ft deep

bomberman
    Free Member

i went yesterday and it’s still a bit snowy in places – under the trees is fine it’s just a couple of berms on the descent line and the push-up that still have snow on

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘condition of stainburn trails at the moment please?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM