• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • comuting… towels ?
  • coconut
    Free Member

I shower at work each morning but you have to hang towels on tiny hooks on a small rail. Using cotton towels and they get a bit “damp smelly” after a day or two as they are not drying out properly. Any good sports towels out there ? Looking at the antibacterial travel towels could be good ?

markgraylish
    Free Member

I have a similar problem so ended up taking a coat hanger into work and now just spread the damp towel out on the horizontal bar of the coat hanger. I also took a flannel in and use that to get myself 90% dry first…it’s smaller and less weight to cart a flannel back and forth…

TheBrick
    Free Member

I use a small hand towel and change it regularly. I have a sports /and camping towel but not nice to use. Better to just change the towel regularly and hang out to dry as much as possible.

acidchunks

I use a microfibre towel from decathlon. Drys really quickly and packs down small.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Get a proper Packtowel from the Thermrest people.

Dear but very good. Way better than cheaper ones.

https://www.packtowl.com

Oggles
    Free Member

Lifeventure SoftFibre towel is what I used at work.

Unfortunately it was stolen from the changing rooms by some scrote – I replaced it with a Lifeventure HydroFibre which is terrible – very thin and absorbs a lot of water, but it just feels like you’re drying with a cold damp towel. No need for that level of portability for commuting…

aP
    Free Member

The main thing is to take the towel home every week and wash it otherwise it develops that disgusting smell that is the hallmark of office changing rooms.
    Baby wipes are good as well for a brisk spruce up.

DezB
    Free Member

Lifeventure ones are good. Got mine in Halfords, great to stick in the rucksack when you need to take it home – they do need washing occasionally!

Yak

Anyone remember pertex towels? Nothing faster at drying after use and packs down to nothing.

petrieboy

Decathlon sport towel here which is pretty good as these things go. It’s huge too so if space is a premium you could cut it into 2 or even 3

mark90
    Free Member

Decathlon soft microfibre towel. Prefer it to the shorter pile microfibre towels. Different sizes are available.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/soft-microfibre-towel-l-id_8345155.html

davidr

I tend to just go with cheap thin cotton towels and hang it up on a coat hanger to dry out properly.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ve rigged up a cunning hanging rail under my desk which seems to get things dry quicker than hanging from a hook.

aP
    Free Member

In a previous office herself used to dry her stuff by laying it on top of a SGI Octane workstation. Not very helpful, but quite efficient apparently.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘comuting… towels ?’ is closed to new replies.