Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Complete #duro bike geometry chart
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Not much on at work today so put together a spreadsheet with geometry for the following bikes, conditional formatting and all other fancy stuff. The figures relate to 19″ish sizes, but obviously is all relative and gives a good comparison between bikes of any size.

[/img]

Disclaimer: The info is as accurate as I could find on google and manufacturers sites, some bits missing, Cotic don’t give a wheelbase for the Rocket for example

benpinnick

Like! Can I get a copy 🙂 ben@birdmtb.co.uk… Ta!

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ll email it to anyone interested tomorrow from work.

Ben, the far right column is a ‘forward geo factor’ (ett x wheelbase)\(ha x chainstay x bb height) and the Bird scores highest! Probably doesn’t actually mean anything but hey

kimbers

Lacking in my bike; process 153 !

DanW
    Free Member

Reach and stack would be good if you have another quiet day at work, especially since STA/ BB height/ etc is so variable 🙂 ta!

dja25
    Free Member

awesome work! love to take a closer look if you could email to dekerk30@gmail.com. thanks in advance

chrishc777
    Free Member

Knew I might have missed a few bikes out! Would be interesting to see how the process 167 compares as well.

If I get time I’ll add reach and stack but it’s alot of work, some companies make it hard work to find geo charts. My thinking was seat tube dictates how low I can get the saddle and ett is the stretch when sitting, I never have trouble with reach once standing or standover personally.

Come to think of it with a bit of creative trig I should be able to calculate reach and stack, watch this space..

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder how my Patriot compares in terms of geometry. Can’t find specs online. I may measure it up. If it’s enduro enough I might be able to take it to an event.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Met a lad on a Patriot at Mega this year, he smashed it! The race not the bike

molgrips
    Free Member

No, these are 27.5 wheels, it’s an optical illusion, honestly.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Lol. The bike marked tee right at the top is mine by the way. 26 also

tomaso
    Free Member

I have sadsheet with specs of suspension reverb brakes gears etc…I like the factor!

tomaso
    Free Member

Oh go on then send a copy to motnworb at gmail ~dot~ com

STATO
    Free Member

If I get time I’ll add reach and stack but it’s alot of work, some companies make it hard work to find geo charts. My thinking was seat tube dictates how low I can get the saddle and ett is the stretch when sitting, I never have trouble with reach once standing

Thing is reach is massively different on some of those bikes due to huge changes in seat angle.

Each degree is around 10mm at the top-tube, 15mm at the seat height. Its important.

[note; i dint think youve got some details right, the Rocket for example says 71 but its offset, 73.5 at average seat height]

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ll do some trig tomorrow and add reach and stack if I have time.

Good spot on the Rocket, I’ll amend before emailing out!

orena45

Missing my bike too (Orbea Rallon) 😉

STATO
    Free Member

I did a chart for reach and stack earlier this year. I neglected to put model-year on but they are mostly 2015 or older. Might help someone.

No headangle/seatangle info either, but mostly pretty obvious.
    Ive sent the excel to the OP incase he wants to add to his sheet.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BrSvpK]Reach chart[/url] by Richard Elsdon, on Flickr

kimbers

What’s with all you lanky types and her XLs just do a medium for us lazy Mr averages

scaredypants

(ett x wheelbase)\(ha x chainstay x bb height)

is that a real thing ?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Scaredypants: not at all! Just me messing about with the data. Basically higher values for ett and wheelbase and lower for ha, chainstay and bb height make it more of a forward geo type thing and just wanted to see if I could quantify that somehow. Probably all invalid as the bikes are all slightly different sizes anyway, just picked the size that would fit me best (6’2″ with long legs)

Cheers Stato, will use that tomorrow!

Will also add Kona and Orbea

chiefgrooveguru

I suspect the most useful number for “forward geometry score” would be front-centre x reach. You can calculate reach if you have ETT, HA, SA and either stack or A2C and head tube length and BB drop. And front centre is reach + (A2C+headtube)cosHA + offset. Simple! 😉

chrishc777
    Free Member

Exciting stuff, can’t see me doing much work tomorrow!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Good work! The info on the Whyte G150 is a bit off though. Actually, 216x63mm shock, 66.5 degree HA, 1189mm wheelbase and 425mm chainstays. Also, the G-160 is out now, which is much longer (Mondraker sort of length).

chiefgrooveguru

Clearly the next step is to draw them all up in CAD software… 😛

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Could I get a copy too?

Colin DOT woof AT hotmail.co.uk

🙂

chrishc777
    Free Member

Getonyourbike, think I may have the 2015 g150 data there, another one to amend, cheers!

Chiefgrooveguru, and then 3d print out the best one!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

chrishc777 – Member
    Getonyourbike, think I may have the 2015 g150 data there, another one to amend, cheers!

It looks like you’ve got the data for the 2014 bike, with the exception of a random shock size. Would be interesting to see the G-160 on there to compare, because it is a very long bike indeed.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Why is a 170mm fork a con?! 🙂

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cos I don’t have one!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Email sent to all who asked, I haven’t added Reach and stack as I don’t have the time at the moment, will send out an updated version if I do find time. Concluded not to calculate them with trig as different top tube slopes, seat heights and offset seat tube angles all influence the figures. I have added a few more bikes and corrected a couple of errors too.

welshfarmer

I love these types of charts, I did similar when trying to decide on a new bike last year, just makes comparisons so much easier. What would be really great though is if all the data could be stuck into a database and then not only could you make the comparisons but you could, for example, give in some key characteristics that you feel are important and see which bikes come out as best.

chrishc777
    Free Member

It’s an excel sheet so you can sort and filter by any parameter you want!

benpinnick

Thanks Chris – Received!

philjunior
    Free Member

Of course if you’re comparing different wheel sizes you might want to consider trail as well as head angle – a steeper HA will give the same handling on a 27.5 (although not much steeper as they’re practically the same wheel size – I’m assuming you’ll run tyres of the same width).

amedias
    Free Member

this needs web-ifying into a sortable table and allowing user submissions (with review)

if I wasn’t busy…

chrishc777
    Free Member

These are all 650b bikes in this case, don’t think 29ers qualify as #duro bikes do they? :mrgreen:

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Complete #duro bike geometry chart’ is closed to new replies.