Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Company car that isn’t a company car…
  • ayjaydoubleyou

Somebody I know IRL mentioned in passing the idea of getting a company car, but without it being through your company?

Anybody know a)if this exists b)what is it called?

Basically I want a lease car (+BIK) out of my gross pay/salary sacrifice, so I can cash in on the EV gravy train* – I resent the idea paying 30% more to do it privately.

I imagine chances of my company (13 employees, 2 directors) lifting a finger to help to be slim; and them actually doing something that costs them money or liability to be zero.

MoreCashThanDash

No idea how it works but this sounds like it might be dancing on the edge of tax avoidance/evasion?

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ Agreed

jam-bo
    poly
    Free Member

I imagine chances of my company (13 employees, 2 directors) lifting a finger to help to be slim; and them actually doing something that costs them money or liability to be zero.

I imagine you’ve no chance then – at the very least they’d have to put some effort in, but quite likely they have a liability if you decide to leave the business – they’ll be left with a car and a lease.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Most company cars are just a standard lease car with insurance/servicing/tax added then a certain amount taken off depending on your grade. You then pay BIK on however much the company gives you.
    I think we get £260 a month or more for an electric car (because it benefits the company to have less co2 in their fleet). If I get a car through the assigned lease company which costs that much per month then it’s basically free + BIK tax. So for example I can get an e208 completely free. Or an electric Berlingo for about £40 a month all in including BIK tax.
    If I choose an Octavia plug in car it’s quite expensive so I pay around £130 a month for the SEL version plus around £30 a month BIK tax.

It’s a great deal but ONLY because my company pays some money towards it every month. If your company won’t then it doesn’t make sense to do it too much, you may as well just get a standard lease car in your own name I think but I’d have to crunch some numbers and it would depend on how much no claims you had etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Company car that isn’t a company car…’ is closed to new replies.