Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Commuters – what type of driver and vehicle will inevitably squish you?
  • IamSam
    Free Member

will get me one morning and I’m pretty sure its the same old dude driving the bloody thing as well. Nearly swerved into me last week avoiding a puddle….. Hum puddle or cyclist…. CYCLIST there squishy and soft

DezB
    Free Member

I hate to say this, but it will be a woman. Probably in a Mini.
    I’ve already been hit by 2 of them already. They just seem oblivious.

It’s got to the stage where I can tell the sex of the driver by the type of stupid manoeuvre they make.

Not sexism, just experience.

DezB
    Free Member

Or maybe a lorry driver not caring that he has a 40ft trailer behind him which also has to overtake me… (2 of those as well)

coatesy
    Free Member

It’ll have no side windows, thus a large blind spot, be indicating that it’s turning left, and i’ll be riding with no lights,dressed head to toe in black,in darkness and pouring rain as I blast up the inside of him just as he makes his manouvre. Oh, hang on, no, i’ll be the one in the driving seat whilst some other nobber plays with his life.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

WVs
    Discos
    Chauffeurs
    Women multi-tasking – driving, phone, lippy application and costa coffee on the way back from school run.
    Morris minors (especially with wooden side panels)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Had a close call with a school bus a couple of years ago, but local plod had a word, and now all the bus drivers round here seem a lot more aware. Which is nice.

Other than that, it could be anyone of the approximately 50% of local drivers who don’t know how to use a roundabout. i live in a small market town, i think there are only 5 roundabouts in the entire town, but the amount of people who either don’t indicate, indicate incorrectly, or simply look the wrong way is outstanding.

I should say, my commute is about 1 mile, through said town. In the mornings accompanied by my 5 year old son who’s road manners and ability to track-stand amaze me. Also, he works as a very good distraction for drivers. Initially they don’t see him cos he’s small, on a small bike, but he does wear hi-vis, have lights on the bike, wears a helmet (with a light on) and rides in a very assertive position on the road as I’ve taught him, so when drivers do see him they back right off. Which is good.

br
    Free Member

When heading in/around M4/A4 inside the M25; middle-aged asian women in a 4×4’s – not on purpose, but it’s just she just pays no attention whatsoever…

velomanic
    Free Member

I’ve had the most scares and near misses from elderly drivers in Micra type cars…

…if the driver’s wearing a hat you know you’re in trouble.

nach
    Free Member

It’s quite reassuring that people who posted on this thread have problems with the same types of drivers as me – notably Addison Lee minicabs and 4×4 drivers – removing the feeling that I was beginning to imagine things.

If I’m in London, I like that Addison Lee cars at least have massive signs on them. Audi drivers don’t seem so bad in Nottingham, but BMWs always seem to be the ones doing punishment passes. I do wonder how many of these stereotypes are cemented by confirmation bias though.

terrahawk
    Free Member

The demonically posessed variant of this

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Commuters – what type of driver and vehicle will inevitably squish you?’ is closed to new replies.