Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • commuter bikes
  • IainGillam
    Free Member

Looking for a couple of bikes for my parents who want a bike for a casual trip to the pub of a summer evening and my dad might use it for a four mile commute into work very occasionally. I was thinking a Specialized Sirrus and Specialized Vita would fit the bill quite nicely. Has anyone got one (or the other) and could tell me what they are like to ride and what the clearance with mudguards is like? I'd probably be wanting to put a larger tyre than the 28mm they come with, on them and still fit mudguards. Or is there anything better out there for around the same amount (£400 ish).

Iain

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I can't comment upon the bikes you mention but would say that a visit to Decathlon might prove fruitful as well as cost effective for this type of bike.

There they can sit on them and ride them around the shop.

mieszko
    Free Member

Rutland Cycling is selling Kona Smoke on eBay, complete bikes with mudguards and 700 wheels, for under £200. Never ridden one but for that price they look very good value for money.
    eBay LINKY

IainGillam
    Free Member

The closest decathlon store is too far to get to unfortunately. I'll have a look into the Kona smoke. Any other suggestions?

Iain

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edeinburgh bike co op own brand bikes are very good value for money

angryratio
    Free Member

something cheap, reliable with no frills.
    See if they'll throw in some puncture resistant rubber at point of sale.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘commuter bikes’ is closed to new replies.