Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Comedy Excuses from The Classifieds
  • hora
    Free Member

bigbloke
    Free Member

I'm having the same issue on Ebay. I'm selling a family size tent that weighs 36KG so i state in capitals COLLECTION ONLY. I have this bidder who keeps contacting me with offers (it is buy it now or offers listing) and how much to post, courier go to the post office. I'm getting a tad F*&^ked off with it now, told him i'm not interested but he insists he will find out about courier pick up etc. I told him i am not laways available as i am a shift worker.

The cost of postage will be way over £40 , making it not a bargain. To make matters worse he has no feedback as he is new to ebay. My patience is thin now.Can people not read ?.

uplink
    Free Member

Just block him

psychle
    Free Member

1. Something Came Up.

That'd be me… sorry for mucking you around Shooterman, didn't mean to! 🙁

bigbloke
    Free Member

Think i may do. What a pain in the bum, he seems a decent fellow but not a clue on how things are done. Lives in West Yorks apparently, only really 2 or so hours from me why doesn't he use the money for petrol and collect probably cheaper than delivery.

hora
    Free Member

The cost of postage will be way over £40 , making it not a bargain. To make matters worse he has no feedback as he is new to ebay. My patience is thin now.Can people not read ?.

He'll then pay you by Paypal and open a dispute me thinks..

konabunny
    Free Member

"Falls onto short sword and commits Grammar Seppuku"

lol!

Pook

Hora's only got a short sword. titter titter

hora
    Free Member

Slightly OT – but this is a good book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Five_Rings

shooterman

He'll then pay you by Paypal and open a dispute me thinks..

The worst rip off I ever suffered was in sppokily similar circumstances. I sold a TALAS 36 RC2 to a guy in Austria who was new to Ebay. He denied receipt, Parcwelforce cocked up saying they couldn't track it and I was 605 quid down when paypal resolved the dispute in his favour.

A year later Parcelforce confirm delivery. No good to me now though.

zokes
    Free Member

Shooterman – I assume you paid for parcelfarce's insurance to protect yourself though?

shooterman

Yes, but they won't pay out as they say the item was delivered.

hora
    Free Member

****. I'm gutted for you. Still the fecker will have fallen off and hurt himself riding them so there is some good.

shooterman

Hora, debating whether or not to go to small claims court. They told me at the time I was trying to sort out the paypal that they couldn't track the parcel. Paypal also tried and were told the parcel couldn't be tracked. However, when I got shirty with them they could suddenly tell me where and when it was delivered and who signed for it.

It turns out the last location it was tracked at was about 50 miles away from the deilvery address and it was signed for by someone other than the addressee.

hora
    Free Member

It turns out the last location it was tracked at was about 50 miles away from the deilvery address and it was signed for by someone other than the addressee.

Was this verbal or in writing?

I know it could be throwing good money after bad but if it was me I'd take this up as a matter of principle. When does RM's duty of care end though (at the border)?

Inform your contact at the RM that you will be forwarding all information onto:

and that you will be writing to his MD (recorded)…!

..and you will also be progressing with a claim in the small claims court unless theres is a satisfactory conclusion.

Although different to your situation my own claim for lost Fox 36's went on for almost 3months.

shooterman

I think I will take it further Hora. Didn't know about Postwatch. Thanks for the link.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Comedy Excuses from The Classifieds’ is closed to new replies.