Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Coffee machine negotiations
  • Flaperon

Local Comet have a Due Longhi bean to cup coffee machine reduced from £499 to £299. Spotted it last week, went in to buy it yesterday and discovered it’s full of coffee!

http://www.delonghi.com/uk_en/products/ecam-22110sb/

So obviously a return. Manager refused to discount it any further, but is it still worth buying at this price? I thought it was ex display, not used.

Or take a gamble on different manager at weekend?

bencooper
    Free Member

Some companies run some beans through as a test – my one came like that (a Krup) with an explanatory thing saying that’s what they did.

bob_summers

Bought a grinder like that too, I think they have to dial them in at the factory.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Don’t buy it, buy this one Gaggia Brera I’ve got it and really recommend. At this price it’s a bargain and unused!

Flaperon

Pretty sure it was used as it was packed with ground coffee, but on the bright side I went back in this morning and it was down to £239. I get an extra 10% off through work so picked it up with full warranty for £215. Not too shabby!

crazy-legs

Anyone know if this is any good?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/delonghi-magnifica-esam4200s-espresso-machine-silver-02417734-pdt.html#longDesc

Seemed a reasonable deal at £100 off but I know that a lot of the STW Coffee Connoisseurs turn their noses up at bean-to-cup, preferring to have their coffee hand ground by a tribe of vestal virgins or something…

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Unless you can vary the grind coarseness over time then you won’t be getting the best from your beans into the mug you produce, unless you’re getting through high volumes.

Plenty to be learned over on coffeeforums.co.uk if you want to know more.

Cheapest way to learn is aeropress & porlex mini for <£60, then experiment with grinds & brew times with same beans.

messiah
    Free Member

My wife has decided she wants either of the two machines listed above for Chrismas.

Gaggiag Brera or DeLongi Magnifica.

Any comments or suggestions from the STW coffee hive mind?

chojin
    Free Member

I have a DeLonghi Magnifica bean to cup jobbie, makes a ruddy good faff-free coffee and with a bit of experimenting a better latté than Starbucks!

messiah
    Free Member

Just been offered the magnifica by a chap at work here for £100… almost too good to be true.

lune
    Free Member

I’ve had a DeLongi Magnifica 4200 for at least 3 years. Bought from Amazon for under £300 if I remember correctly.
    Great machine which is simple to use and extract relatively good coffee.
    Neg points would prob be bit plastic and the grinder has exploded a couple of times resulting in warranty work.

Sure there are machines for a similar price that produce better coffee, however I imagine they possibly more fiddly. This just a case of pushing a couple of buttons which is handy when you in a hurry. Just a balance of coffee and convenience.

Would recommend checking out reviews on Amazon.

Flaperon

So far very happy with the De Longhi I bought!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

chojin – Member
    I have a DeLonghi Magnifica bean to cup jobbie, makes a ruddy good faff-free coffee and with a bit of experimenting a better latté than Starbucks!

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

So is a spoonful of Maxwell house in a cup of rancid piss.
    The only reason to have a coffee “machine” in a domestic kitchen is sheer laziness

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Coffee machine negotiations’ is closed to new replies.