• This topic has 52 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Mens fashion..
  • kayak23

My friend recently described my style as ‘sheltered housing’… Another said I have ‘effortless style’ so I tend to believe the more complimentary friend.
    I’ve just bought this jacket which is awesome I believe and apart from the beard (thats not me) I look quite similar and ooze style, so I would recommend something along these lines for the dapper man about town.

andyrm
    Free Member

All depends where you work and what you do (asides from bike riding innit)

I’m 35 and work in sales for a tech startup, so I need to strike a pretty difficult balance between being not too corporate but also not to like the tech guys.

Banana Republic has been one of my fave brands since discovering them a few years back while in the USA, think they pretty much nail it for us gents of a certain age: http://www.bananarepublic.co.uk

After all, I’d hate to be the male equivalent of one of those mutton dressed as lamb “just divorced” women you always see out on a weekend!!

scuzz
    Free Member

Fashion is for poo brains

mefty
    Free Member

I aspire to mixing and matching classic statement pieces with high street fashion, unfortunately I am more out of town supermarket at present.

RustySpanner

Jeans, trainers/hiking boots/Docs, T shirt, fleece, waterproof jacket.
    Down jacket & free magazine woolly hat in the winter.
    Shorts from March to November.

I do have suits, shirts, ties and nice coats, but weddings, court appearances, funerals and interviews only.

Favoured brands are New Balance, Primark, Decathlon, George & Bolton Market.

samuri
    Free Member

I wear the same style of clothes that I wore 25 years ago in work and at home.

I got it right back then, why would I change?

Cougar

makes me laugh every time I think of it

“Drinking trousers” proper gave me the giggles, thanks for that.

It’s a difficult subject, this. I turned 40 this year and am currently deliberating what I want to do for my mid-life crisis. I’ve lived in the same gear all my life – sometimes literally, I have t-shirts you could carbon-date – which is basically jeans and t-shirt. Fashion seems to be ‘young’ and ‘old’ with little in the middle. I fancy a change but have no clue where to go. The suggestions here seem to be “anything you could expect Doctor Who to turn up in.”

footflaps

Try Crew Clothing, Gap for the 40-49 bracket. 50 and over is strictly M&S territory.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Visvim is your friend

PMK2060

I could not stop myself doing the Barnsley war cry when I saw the prices on the mrporter site…ar much!! if I was a multi millionaire I would not spunk 1200 quid on a jumper.

PMK2060

I could not stop myself doing the Barnsley war cry when I saw the prices on the mrporter site…ar much!! if I was a multi millionaire I would not spunk 1200 quid on a jumper.

PMK2060

Haze

If we’re going out somewhere half decent then it’s a tidy pair of jeans, polo and shoes. Rarely go anywhere that demands smarter.

Jeans, T-shirts, skateboard trainers for work and play though I often think I should maybe smarten myself up a little for work. Just a tad though…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Mens fashion..’ is closed to new replies.