Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Coffee in Manchester City Centre
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of hours to kill tomorrow morning in Manchester city centre. Where are the best places to go for coffee? I’ll be walking from Piccadilly Station to Spinning Fields.

beagle
    Free Member

Foundation. That’s on you route – Northern Quarter

Bit on the trendy side mind.

Edi. Couple of bike shops nearby too!!

1-shed
    Free Member

http://www.ezraandgil.com/contact despite the hipster website it’s a good place to chill. Near keep pedaling too.

dmck16
    Free Member

Eastern Bloc Records gets my vote.

I’m in Manchester every few months so have tried a few places, but this is where I’ve settled on.

Good coffee & cake, plenty of records to browse/chat about with the staff who have always been lovely.

1-shed
    Free Member

http://cyclefit.co.uk/bikes/custom pop in here for a ogle too before or after your coffee.

globalti
    Free Member

Then there’s always Rapha….

tthew

There’s a Ziferblat in Manchester. pay 6p/minute, coffee, cake and loads of other stuff free. On Edge Street in the Northern Quarter.

crazy-legs

Rapha – behind St Ann’s Chuch in St Ann’s Square is more or less right on the way between Picc and Spinningfields.

NQ is a bit more out of the way but North Tea Power (Tib Street) is very good.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Lunya, Deansgate.
    Barton Arcade is quite cool too, retro trainer shop (if you’re under 35 or don’t give a crap) and not too far from the Rapha shop or the Pinarello shop.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations. It’s always good to try somewhere new and avoid the big chains. Rapha was my back up option.

I’m currently in Ezra & Gil. So far, so good.

HansRey

Teacup cafe in Northern Quarter is a favourite of mine. Mr Scruff is a part owner, or something like that. Great range of teas and cakes. No idea about coffee

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nearer spinningfields, there’s also very very good coffee (beans from heart and graft roasters in salford, some of the best i’ve bought) to be had at grindsmith, on deansgate (in the great northern complex). then pop over the road to ogle pinnarellos at the bike rooms, if that’s your kind of thing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Coffee in Manchester City Centre’ is closed to new replies.