Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Close shave with death!
  • flaps
    Free Member

Bloody hell!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

argos-delivery-drivers-death-in-oswestry-was-a-unique-accident/

Just like the other UNIQUE accident mentioned in the post and the UNIQUE accident that started this thread. A lot of very similar UNIQUE accidents…

Remember, you are a unique individual – just like everyone else.

Anyway, unique rant over and glad the OP is OK

chewkw
    Free Member

Luckily no one was sitting in the passenger side.

Car can be replaced.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’ll speak to the insurance tomorrow – the supermarket manager assured me that their insurance will sort it all no quibbles.

Local council took the front end off my car last year, their insurance paid for a hire car and full repairs whilst my insurance had it noted as a not at fault and all costs recovered. Yes, there may be a cost further on but it’s up to the claimant whether they notify their own insurance (though you are supposed to).

OP – lucky escape!

singletrackmind

I am probably wrong , but  that rope does not look like something the fire brigade would use.- loooks  frayed anf tired.

Plus .- The lock does look rather  rusty and  unused  to my  eye ( IANALocksmith)

I reckon the locks been fubarred for a while and  the rope was half hitched round the barrier. .. … till it wasn’t.

Dont dwell on what might have  happened , Its car shopping time…yay

stumpy01

Happened on the business park I work on to two women in a transit.

The barrier was black and had swung out. They drove end on into it (very hard to spot end on) and somehow it went into the cab and missed both of them. They must have shat themselves!

taxi25
    Free Member

You were lucky, but it shouldn’t have happened. I’d definitely take it further than jyst an insurance claim.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7200678.stm

cb200
    Free Member

Thanks for the links and comments folks. It’s been helpful info.

CountZero

Fortunately all the barriers where I work are either vertical lift, operated by a security bloke in the entrance room, or are a pair of gates that swing open and are padlocked when not in use. Considering the number of vehicle movements every day, they’re the only real option.

I wrote off a ‘53 split-screen Minor hitting a barrier that had been left closed over a weekend when normally it was open all the time, I swung into the entrance as I always did, hit this large steel tube with a square end plate hard with the driver’s side screen pillar, the tube shot back, hit the wall and bounced back, the steel plate catching the rear bodywork under the window, the corner slicing through the steel. The police had been checking a small motor servicing business over the weekend, and had kindly closed the bar, when it had always been left open and swung back against the wall, I hadn’t even noticed the damn thing was there!

No comeback and insurance wouldn’t cover it. Bugger.

user-removed
    Free Member

Holy Moly!  Glad you were flying solo.  ‘Tis a fragile and fleeting thing, this life innit?!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Close shave with death!’ is closed to new replies.