Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Clever Photo
  • richpips
    Free Member

Its all about the lighting in the photo.The source of light comes from the front and yet it hasnt created any shadow.

It doesn't come from the front, there are two lights which come from above.

Drac

Exactly hence the way the light reflects on his trouser and the very evident spot effect near the front wheel.

jedi

peter proddys pics means something deep to me!

ojom
    Free Member
    iDave
    Free Member

it's gash

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, that's dissapointing!

djglover
    Free Member

gimp

scaredypants

peter proddys pics means something deep to me!

you've had the "glove of truth" at an airport then Jedi ??

Ti29er
    Free Member

As the picture and arrows above display, the light is both above and between us and the subject matter; but not directly above, much closer to the subjects than the viewer.
    Note the bike's shadow is seen and it's slightly away from the wheel, running under the BB & beyond.

Similarily the light used to illuminate the man, but in this instance, it's at a slightly more pronounced angle and the spread of light is again, quite narrow.
    Notice how the light is focused on the hand area, from a lower position that the Bike Light as the shadows are longer – possibly – but it's marginal.
    This is done using a snoot attachment or a 'fray-nel' as these will a give hard, uncompromising light & shaply defined shadow areas.
    I suspect, given the spread of light, that the lights are set up quite high, or there may be some reflective pannels set off to one side to reflect back some of the light to fill-in.

(Master class complete: no charge was made for this service 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Very dissapointing!

Some bloke likes a photo so calls it clever.

If I knew how to post photos you'd have one of my arse staring right back at you.

I like my arse, it's pretty comfortable, not too big, not too small and due to where it's located on my body I don't get to see it too often so I'm pretty fond of any photo's I have of it, are they clever though?

Ti29er
    Free Member

That is only for us to decide.
    It's the picture we're discussing, not the subject matter as such; or at least that’s the direction the post has evolved.
    There's nothing clever per se with the above image either technically nor graphically, but it does have some redeeming features, and on balance I personally think it probably satisfies the advertiser’s / art director's / photographer's brief.
    It's effectiveness , or otherwise, and has provided more comment than many threads here, some josh about the subjects, some debate the technical merits of the picture.
    The symmetry of both the physical image and the suggested reference and symmetry to Karate are not lost on us.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to allow us to decide if your posterior is, as you claim, not too small and not too large, whether the photograph alluded to does has artistic merit and if it does, as you suggest, pass muster as a "clever photo" 'cause I really don't think this is for you to decide for us.

I very much look forward to seeing (a picture) of your bottom – and you can be sure, of this I promise, I've never uttered those words before to another man, nor will again. 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

You are Brian Sewell and I claim my £5.

Oh, the the photo is still unremarakbly unremarkable. Monkey flop, if you will.

the_lecht_rocks

lol @ this thread. I should've titled it something other than Clever as far as some of you are concerned.

BTW – the DIY copies really funny – thanks for the chuckles 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

er… so WTF was your point?

the_lecht_rocks

there was no point. other than to wind you up and cause your consternation, which I've successfully achieved 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

there was no point. other than to wind you up and cause your consternation, which I've successfully achieved

How clever of you.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

there was no point. other than to wind you up and cause your consternation, which I've successfully achieved

Yeah, sure.

Harry_the_Spider

Ti29er
    Free Member

The original picture suggests simplicity, on its many levels, again referencing the bike its self, it is a distillation of what we enjoy in our riding, it is an uncomplicated bike, one which you are encouraged to just get on and ride.
    Colour can be visually distracting, so I hope you will agree with the desaturation, lending the image a greater parity with the original image.

Harry_the_Spider

Now that is clever.

iDave
    Free Member

can anyone smell burning?

Ti29er
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

yawn-tastic response TLR.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry Ti that was a rhetorical question, to which the answer is no, just because I like the photo does not make it clever.

I fear that you are one of those men my mother warned me about! If I was a little younger you could be fast tracking yourself to the top of the register.

I hope that this extra detail goes someway towards satiating your desire for derriere….. apart from a small birth mark on the left cheek, the symmetry is outstanding.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Clever Photo’ is closed to new replies.