Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,702 total)
  • Clever logo… (well I thought so anyway)
  • maccruiskeen

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

simple – I try new things when I see them if I am in the mood.

Yes, but which of the new items do you try? The cool refreshing lemon drink or the one with the totally tropical taste?

TJ you admit yourself that you came here becomes someone recommended it to you. You got marketted. Someone credible made recommendation.

that is so weak – that is not marketing

and that is not an argument. But it does demonstrate why you think you are immune to it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Other folks might even call what happened to TJ ‘Word of Mouth’ that’s another marketing strategy

it is not marketing it is something that actually happens that marketing may try and exploit.
    Anyway I accept marketing has an effect it is that logos per se work that I have an issue with. You may wish to call this marketing , with some justification to be fair, but a logo alone will achieve very little.
    You seem to have git so sucked into arguing with TJ that you are about to suggest that taste has no bearing on what someone will choose to drink and it is all down to marketing.
    You are welcome Binners

maxray
    Free Member

We had this brand discussion a while back, at least tj is consistent in his opinion tho I still think we are all affected by branding and marketing. It must be quite time consuming and a bit of a pain to try and discount all brand/marketing and see beyond it in every aspect of your life.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

it is not marketing it is something that actually happens that marketing may try and exploit.

so, these Viral campaigns? marketing or not?

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opCecHAjzeQ[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Time for a sharp exit?
    Time for a cool sharp Harp.

(remember the one where the dog chased the ball out the the window? 😆 )

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sorry – a friend recommending me something is not marketing by any definition that makes any sense to any logical being.

Really – you are grasping at straws now. Thats just laughable. Personal recomendation is marketing Pfftpt.

just accept that for some of us what something is is far more important that what is is branded as and the we understand the difference

maccruiskeen

Sorry – a friend recommending me something is not marketing by any definition that makes any sense to any logical being.

you haven’t thought about that

nedrapier

just adept that for some of us what something is is far more important that what is is branded as and the we understand the difference

Can do, as long as you accept that branding contributes to many [lesser, if you like] people’s decisions.

And that you can’t speak for your subconscious

Junkyard
    Free Member

marketing I assume. your view?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

just adept that for some of us what something is is far more important that what is is branded as and the we understand the difference

just accept that you are the victim of marketing, the same as the rest of us, just less aware of it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How can a friends recommendation be marketing? -its a ridiculous proposition to suggest it is

binners

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

marketing I assume. your view?
    Yes marketing, and distributed by word of mouth.

maccruiskeen

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

are we nearly at 500 yet?

binners

I’m trying TJ. As are you 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How can a friends recommendation be marketing? -its a ridiculous proposition to suggest it is

It’s interesting you find it ridiculous, I’ll be sure to tell Sid

binners

maccruiskeen

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ok, you’re a smart fells, try to think of an answer to that question.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member

Can do, as long as you accept that branding contributes to many [lesser, if you like] people’s decisions.

Ill accept “some” and wouldn’t use “lesser”

And that you can’t speak for your subconscious

Oooh – a whole new subject – subconscious? What do you mean by that 🙂

nedrapier

It’s called creatng brand advocates, TJ. Very important in todays peer-to-peer networking society.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

binners – Member

I’m trying TJ. As are you

Post of the thread

nedrapier

A whole new subject! 😀

That’s what the whole thing’s been about!

maccruiskeen

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member

It’s called creatng brand advocates, TJ. Very important in todays peer-to-peer networking society.

OMG – a superb piece of spoofing yourself. I bow to your mastery.

binners

😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member

A whole new subject!

That’s what the whole thing’s been about!

define subconcious then. what do you mean by it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes marketing, and distributed by word of mouth.

again yes. Marketing can exploit word of mouth. i dont think STW spent much to virally market this site to TJ , nor do I think every time someone recommends something it is a result of marketing or part of a viral campaign. Clearly if you use a poor product [ apple aside – should reel some on with that one ] all the marketing in the world wont work if the phone breaks or is not good to use.
    I prefer sram over shimano for shifters as I prefer the clunky positive feel. There you go have some viral marketing for free. Can I bill them for my work now?
    Again I accept marketing works to some degree particularly for recognition but you still need a good product or gullible customers buying an idea such as rapha. all the marketing in the world wont sell a drink if people think it tastes bad.

nedrapier

RE: spoofing. really not at all. I have friends who do this for a living. One who’s very into it. Do you know about the Tom Sawyer effect?

binners

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

all the marketing in the world wont sell a drink if people think it tastes bad.

No, but the marketing is to get them to try it. Then if it meets with success, the marketing is to keep it in their conciousness.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Can I bill them for my work now?

Well, that’s the thing about viral / advocate marketing, the donkey work is free

Junkyard
    Free Member

so they say

binners

Five undred! We made it TJ. ets ceebrate. But what with? Hmmmmmmmmm……

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

OMG – a superb piece of spoofing yourself. I bow to your mastery.

So, you don’t believe in brand advocates either

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ned – well it was a fantastic parody.

Tom Sawyer effect – not heard of it
    *googles*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tom sawyer effect

Interesting stuff and it was going so well until I read this

The Tom Sawyer Effect seeks to re-create this process online – identifying and engaging the relevant influencers in an area, using them to help catalyse experiences that benefit the group as a whole…

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,702 total)

The topic ‘Clever logo… (well I thought so anyway)’ is closed to new replies.