Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Classic Ride 149 – Britain’s Newest Bridleway
  • justinbieber

James Vincent takes on the classic Borrowdale Bash, complete with new official off-road start. Words & Photography James Vincent If ever there was …

By justinbieber

Get the full story here:

Classic Ride 149 – Britain’s Newest Bridleway

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I was gutted not to see rich’s url anywhere in the paper article. Seems the least that could be done given what a great thing he has done.

He knows the lakes like the back of his hand…

Mtb Guides Keswick – Expert Guiding and Coaching in the Stunning Lake District

mrchrist

I have always gone up the road after Seatoller. Never spotted the stone track which misses out the brutal climb. Will give that a go next time 🙂

andeh

Never spotted the stone track which misses out the brutal climb

That’s a steep old climb from Seatoller, probably a push. Think I’d rather just ride up the road.

bikesandboots

Road for me too, the off-road is steep and stony so a push for me. Up the road you get a nice bit of doubletrack descending from the top down to where the stone track would have taken you.

sharkattack

I’ve never done the Bash but I’ll be in Keswick in July. Finally time to tick it off I think.

martinhutch

I like the off-road Honister alternative. The Bash is full of climbs that are tough to clean, I prefer to be offroad with that as a challenge than grinding away on the steepest bit of the tarmac.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

My overriding memory of the bash is grossly unfair but centres around automatically correcting a sliping contact lens whilst eating a mix of wasabi and chilli salted peanuts whilst waiting at the top of honister.

I should probably go back and give it another go in an attempt to exile the ghost of that particular unpleasantness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.