Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Clarks sales assistants…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

‘Growing room’ my arse!

I reckon their assistants must be on commission and they know that if they sell you shoes that are the ‘perfect’ fit, ie. not a mm to spare, then you’ll be straight back in to buy another bloody pair off them a month later.

I’d love to know what goes on with regards company sizing policy!!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

i am sure that they are on commission but i very much doubt that they would think like that would they? as long as you buy somethingi would have thought that they would be happy

rob2
    Free Member

I had exactly the same issue with my sons cruisers. He has grown out of them in nearly about two weeks. I thnk they under measure.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’d love to know what goes on with regards company sizing policy!!

Ask them ?

Markie
    Free Member

I’ve never bought shoes from them, but if we’re in town we’ll go in just to look at the fish in their aquarium.

carlosg
    Free Member

Our sons school shoes + trainers always come from Clarks , the one time there was a problem his shoes only lasted 2 months and the heel collapsed . We got a no questions asked re measure and replacement.

No complaints here.

101andy
    Free Member

Clarkes are extremely poor. The sales staff…dont get me started. Never again.

takisawa2

No complaints here, but they always err on the moneymaking side though, so I go up half a size. 🙂 Go in late Aug, on a Saturday afternoon, & its an hours wait.

mortuk2k
    Free Member

Took me years to talk my wife out of Clarks being the be all and end all of kids shoes. Not good value for money in my opinion, saved over 50% on perfectly good shoes this year by shopping around. (12 and a 9 year old).

The ‘thing’ seemed to be the measuring. Well it isn’t rocket science, and your kids won’t grow malformed feet if you get it slightly wrong or do not use the latest laser tech.

All imo ofc

Oxboy
    Free Member

Must be a bad shop, no complaints here, all 5 of ours have had Clarkes shoes without any problems.

hora
    Free Member

My Mum told me about the the guages and measuring tools etc and the scare mongering over damaging delicate growing feet. She classed it as scare-tactics and left.

I never had Clarks shoes. My feet are fine. I’ve never had an ingrowing toenail, bunions etc etc partly due to buying sensibly rather than being told by a retailer what we/I should buy.

Our kids going to be treated how I was.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Clarkes shoes for kids used to be an assurance of quality and value for money – not any more, since they upped sticks from the west country and decamped most of their production to Cambodia whilst still maintaining their above average prices we won’t be buying any more from them – bobbing rastards 👿

TheFopster
    Free Member

-1. Always had very good service, and shoes always lasted a decent time. They’re usually trashed before they’re grown out of. Recently bought some foy my eldest and very helpful lady sugggested a larger size as “still OK for fit and they’ll last her longer”. As always, some good and some bad. Like Halfords…

sadmadalan

When the boys were growing up we had an excellent locally owned shoe shop in the town to which we gave our custom. Normally ended up with Clarkes as width was a problem. We had a couple of pairs that ‘broke’ and were replaced with no issue. Some pairs only lasted a month before the feet outgrew them, some lasted six months before they were destroyed by the relevant child. Just need a way of figuring out when they were going to grow and could buy larger pairs safely!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Little one has pencil feet – D width. Chappie in Clarks was sure a F width (in stock…) would be fine if we stuff some insole in rather than trying to locate narrower fitting shoes. He was still trying to convince us as we walked out of the shop…

geoffj

Clarks factory shop in Kendal FTW!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Clarks sales assistants…’ is closed to new replies.