Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Christmas Day Ride?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Anyone here ride christmas day?i put this up last year,and quite a few seem to,.whos riding where?

i normally do,and will be this year,no christams eve drinking for me,dunno where as of yet though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes local ride for me divorced so gap in middle of day between seeing my kids I will spend riding – surprsingly quiet

Pook

Yeah, I get up, have an irish coffee hair of the dog with my old man, then go out for two hours on the local trails. It’s lovely. Family first, bike second, family food and drink for the rest of the day!

I’ll be on the Malverns with some friends

OmarLittle
    Free Member

havent been on the bike for 3 months now due to injury but think i’m going to be ok for a christmas ride.

keeps me out the house while all the food is being prepared 😀

Karinofnine

I often go out on christmas day. If I go on the road I am surprised by how many older men there are dressed in the traditional way, you know, saddle bags, plus-fours, lace up leather road shoes etc. They always give a cheery wave. Love it. If the weather stays like this the country lanes round here will be too slippery for the road bike so I’ll probably stick to as much off road as possible – and probably get the turbo trainer out 🙁 or go running 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

No family for me,so just me n mi bike 🙂

keyses2

MTG , i’ll be on the Malverns too !

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife is off to see family and I’m at home looking after our dog post-op as he’s not well enough to be near the other dogs in the family. I might sneak out for a couple of hours locally on Christmas day.

delusional
    Free Member

5000 miles away from family this year, so will probably head to the hills for the day, eat my Christmas lunch from a sandwich bag on a mountain somewhere 🙂

When back in the UK I do like to try and fit in a sneaky hour or two. It’s one day that you’re highly unlikely to have anyone shout at you for riding cheeky trails, and helps work up an appetite for the afternoon gluttony.

fadda

Staying with family, so I’m going to take a bike and maybe a quick blast around Ashton Court/Leigh Woods…

Kevevs
    Free Member

50/50 on the weather at the mo’. I deffo want to get out on my bike this xmas day.

NZCol

Annual Xmas day orphans ride here, forecast is mid 20’s and sunshine. Looks like we have somewhere just shy of 10. Then we’ll retreat back to ours to jump in the pool and cook animals on the BBQ.

firestarter
    Free Member

Working, again 🙁 off next year tho

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I will be riding / walking somewhere locally depending on the weather.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I usually go out on Boxing Day. Too many people to see on Christmas day with the family. Boxing Day is usually quiet, so a perfect time to slip out on the bike.

SSBonty
    Free Member

XC Skiing unless I can bodge a snow bike by then, we’re close to 50cms snow depth here in Helsinki now! But then they celebrate Xmas on Xmas Eve here so Xmas Day is more like Boxing Day…

trio25
    Free Member

I’m hoping to!

Blower
    Free Member

think i may go to wharncliffe

cinnamon_girl

Yes, looks as though I will be doing this. 8)

Empty trails – bring it on. 😀

Just need to decide where to go.

Andy

Yes, last year rode round Thetford. Only peopel I saw were a couple both dressed as Santa Claus 😀 This year, am at home relaxing so will go for a ride xmas morning. Probably take the dog round Swinley 8)

Haze

Eating, drinking and sleeping for me 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Did 100km round London two years ago on Christmas day. Get to see all the nice bits of London, by bike, without having to worry too much about getting hit by cars. Did rain most of the day though. But it’s the only Christmas day I can really remember.

If I spend Christmas with my Dad we usually go for a ride. If I spend it with my Mum she tries to make me go to church then we eat food for the rest of the day.

plumber
    Free Member

Ride planned – just waiting now – tick tock

juiced
    Free Member

i go local first thing for a couple of hours. have done for the last 6 years or so.

Mackem

Yeah, think i’ll have a tootle along the coastal track for a couple of hours before digging into a Turkey dinner.

Jamie
    Free Member

Squeeze in a Christmas run in the morning and that is about it.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Day Ride?’ is closed to new replies.