Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • christ, i need a new bike!!!
  • sonik
    Free Member

been burning around on the moors for nearly 9 years on the same rockhopper, but this morning my front brakes failed :oops:. they somehow sprung free while going downhill on a rough lane. near serious disaster! managed to grind to a stop using back brake and right knee-pad.
    a little sore, a bit embarrassed, but more cheesed off than anything else. 😕

sofatester
    Free Member

Maybe just a new set of brakes?

sonik
    Free Member

its a v-brake only frame. definitely now in need of disks.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Maybe treat the existing bike to some hydraulic brakes: Magura HS33?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

get some new v brakes, bargains galore to be had

got avid ultimates on my klein, very, very , very nice 🙂

probably cost you more than discs and wheels though 😳

sonik
    Free Member

trouble is though, i got my eyes on the orange crush. there’s something drawing me to it 😈

I_Ache
    Free Member

Go for the orange. Its about time you treated yourself to a new bike.

rolfharris
    Free Member

The crush will be quite hefty compared to your Rockhopper, it might be a bit of a shock, and a bit overkill. Maybe try something lighter and a bit easier to ride with similar travel benefits. Of all the bikes around at the minute, for the day to day rider with less than 1K to spend I can’t think of any bike better than the Genesis Core 30, or the 40 if you want better gears. The spec, weight and price are almost unbeatable for the money. If I could get one from my shop, I probably would. Brilliant brakes, great forks, HT2 cranks, solid hubs and a nice frame. The Marin Rocky Ridge is pretty sweet too, as is the Orange P7.

Olly
    Free Member

new frame, wheels and brakes may be overkill, bordering on warrenting buying a new bike.
    unless you went with a new front wheel, and ran disks on the front only?
    i think a crush is a bit burly for general trail riding (traditionalmountain biking) myself, but depends how you ride, do you "flow" or "blat" down the trails? :p

sonik
    Free Member

well, i guess its more of a flow with me. whats the crush good for then?

rolfharris
    Free Member

Regularly lobbing yourself off things, smashing into big things really fast and throwing yourself around a lot on really rough trails.

sonik
    Free Member

sounds like fun all the way, and in style!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t listen to these misers.

Treat yourself to a new bike, I’m sure you deserve it.

rs
    Free Member

perfect excuse for a new bike, I would say the crush is fine, might have a harsher ride than you are used to but def go for a new bike.

radoggair
    Free Member

tschhh.. go all the way, get a merlin titanium or something crazy. Its only credit crunch money after all

sonik
    Free Member

yeh,well i just got my redundancy dosh through after all! 😀

grumm
    Free Member

God will be angry if you don’t buy a new bike immediately. You will also be valiantly helping rescue our economy.

coffeeking
    Free Member

We need an excuse for a new bike? oh…

sonik
    Free Member

what about the Commencal Combi Disc? any good? anyone any experience? they got a very nice price at merlin for these at the mo.

sonik
    Free Member

or even the rocklobster tig team si ?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah!!!! get the crush!! you know you want it!!! my 06 crush is mutts nuts, i can thinking of a new bike but i love me old crush too much!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

sorry that post was a bit poorly typed – ive only got one hand free at the mo! seriously tho the crush is ace, i live in the peaks and do the 7 stanes/wales quite often and the bike loves it all. climbs well, due to stiff rear end – and flies dh really well, i can genuinely keep up with my mates who all ride full sus.

can be a bit harsh on the back, but a thomson layback takes the bangs out quite well. and as for it being heavy – swap the wheels and standard finishing kit and you’ll soon have it light enough.

im thinking about the 09 one through ride to work!

sonik
    Free Member

orange have got an ex-demo 08 on their web-site. £700

Oxboy
    Free Member

You still looking for a Crush Sonic? I have an 08 I may sell if your interested???

sonik
    Free Member

yeah-its the only bike i seem to like!!!
    whats your price?

Oxboy
    Free Member

19” frame, 08 model, upgrades as follows, Thomson seat post, Azonic X pedals, Hope seat clamp (new 09 model), Hope QR sqewers, DMR lock ons (pimp white!). Bikes 6 months old, I love it but may sell if the offers right . . .
    (the reason for sale my new Pitch Pro)

MrNutt
    Free Member

the crush is a cracking bike, that said there were a couple of 07-08 Subzero’s in the classifieds, the Subzero looks like this:

ain’t no way I’m selling mine!! 😀

sonik
    Free Member

thats a dam shame oxboy. a 19″ would be too big for me. really looking around the 17″ size.
    cheers anyways mate

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘christ, i need a new bike!!!’ is closed to new replies.