Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • choices choices, which i can't justify i just wants….
  • sharki
    Free Member

Right now i'm riding a mostly charity built 456 with old parts and no gears, with is fine but now and again i fancy/need gears and more boing.

I'm expecting a bit of money back for over paid tax and am hoping to have about grand to play with for toys…

option 1 get new a new slx cranset, cassette and chain, and get some pikes again (2nd hand) and built the 456 to the purpose needed for the riding… which is basically how i like a HT but with the option of geared or ss. and buy a kayak and kit….spend around £600/700

option 2 purchase a patriot i know of for a grand, been ridden maybe 20 times nicely built up… and keep the 456 as it is….spend £1000

option 3 purchase an unridden chromag samura for a grand(cost £3000 to build up) transfer all the bits over to the 456(chromag is too too big)and have the 456 with all new stuff, then grab a simple frame i've been offered and build it up with the present 456 kit, and sell the samurai frame…spend £800/900.

or do nothing and waste the money on beer and road trips….

nickegg
    Free Member

Option 2!

Best of both worlds, surely?

saladdodger
    Free Member

yep that cromag in ralphies is nice

I realy like the simple and I am most probably getting a 456 and selling the full susser

option 3 for me

did i see you in a er honda estate today in briggy with yer 456 on a rack??

dropoff

Sharki, I've got some spare bits and pieces in the garage that maybe of some use to you, mail me and I'll see if I can help.

sharki
    Free Member

SD, yup that was me in my £150 death trap…

Dropoff, the bike's fine as it is really tbh! i don't really NEED anything for it, just been offered a couple bargains and with a little cash coming my way it's sooo tempting!

Thanks for the offer though 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘choices choices, which i can't justify i just wants….’ is closed to new replies.