Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • China Eastern – Will I die?
  • poonprice
    Free Member

Emigrating out to Australia in March and currently looking for flights.

Have seen a flight with China Eastern for about £150 cheaper than any other airline, its not got any ridiculous flight or stop times but…. would you fly with them?

Only ever been to Oz before with Malaysia Airlines and they were pretty good.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

They’ve got a better safety record than Air France. I think you’ll be fine.

tarquin
    Free Member

I wouldn’t….

Emirates or Ethiad are the best IMO, shortest flight times as it’s about 21-22 hours to Sydney as it’s only one stop and almost a straight line.

Good baggage allowance with them too at around 30kg per person, I brought my road training bike back with me at no extra cost with Ethiad recently.

poonprice
    Free Member

Yeah, flew with Ethiad to Thailand and they were great.

But this emigrating business is expensive so a £300 saving between my girlfriend and I is useful for other stuff.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Qantas codeshare with Emirates. The A380 is really good for long haul because its so quiet and its easier to sleep. They both have 30kg allowance if that makes a difference.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

No you wont die.. But i would not fly with them.. Etihad is the way 8) …or malaysia air or best singapore air .. They have good food and bigger movie screen 😀 +1 for A380

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d avoid too. Have done Australia with BA, Cathay and Qantas so far. All three very good in their own way.

chewkw
    Free Member

For long haul I would choose from this lot:

Emirates, Ethiad, Malaysia (good tasty food), Singapore, Cathay Pacific.

For the moment my choice is Emirates as they fly direct from GeordieLand.

Oh ya, try to avoid booking during peak seasons like Xmas, Uni/college/schools break as you can save around £300 easily during off peak.

😀

avdave2

They’ve got a better safety record than Air France

So did the average Kamikaze squadron.

tarquin
    Free Member

Cathay fly via Hong Kong which takes quite a lot longer than via Singapore, Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

poonprice
    Free Member

A380 sounds interesting, I like the sound of it being a bit quieter…

chewkw
    Free Member

… Royal Brunei and Thai Airways.

NZCol

I’ll report back on lh on the 380 as I have to go to london in a couple of weeks, for 3 days 😯

wobbliscott
    Free Member

China Eastern also fly the A380, but Yeah A380 is an experience, but economy is economy so If flying economy I prefer emirates’ B777s. Less people, faster boarding, less hassle especially if you’re flying from a smaller airport like Birmingham. I’d prefer Emirates over anyone and fly them regularly with work, but if it were my own money I’d consider China Eastern if they were the cheapest and convenient, especially if the whole family were flying.

I always avoid Air France. Just an awful airline to fly with and I hate Charles De Gaulle airport more than Heathrow.

Having said that the reason why I fly Emirates is more often than not they are also the cheapest too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I like the sound of it being a bit quieter…

There’s only one really effective way to get it quiet………And it costs!

+1 for Air France hatred. Vile, vile airline.
    NZcol, that’s a long one! Five days is my shortest and it hurt, even with an upgrade to first for one leg!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘China Eastern – Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.