Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Child tax credits stopped for us??!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Err must have missed that one in the news. We will be officially 40 pounds worse off a month from April!! And no doubt some non working fag smoking cider drinking people will get it instead! 🙄

MSP

Yes large swaths of the bourgeois middle classes will be losing a small amount of money each month, not sure how you could have missed it, its been pretty big news. Still a good excuse to blame the poorest for your minor misfortune.

yossarian
    Free Member

Our tax credits stopped when my wife started working again

I despise the torys, but I’d rather be means tested and the available cash go to those that really need it rather than watching rich people stash it away for hermione’s college fund.

wors

You must earn enough that you don’t need an extra 40 pounds a month then.

convert

You talking about child benefit to be axed in 2013?

Whilst the goal posts for which families get it and which don’t are a bit dodgy (but chosen to keep the admin costs down which is no bad thing) I’d say this has been a long time coming and really glad they have finally seen sense.

If you are worried that too many low income “chavs” don’t know how to run a home properly, could I recommend you might like to volunteer and put some of your expertise to good use through this charity

wrightyson
    Free Member

Minor misfortune? That forty quid is a lot of money to us in the current climate!! But at least you came along nice and early and accused me of mocking the poor! If the money actually went to those who needed it then great!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am confused about all this – my wife says it is working tax credit, not child tax credit that is changing. We have also had our letter through from HMRC which doesn’t mention our child tax credit reducing.

????

ianv
    Free Member

yossarian
    Free Member

Minor misfortune? That forty quid is a lot of money to us in the current climate!!

Get a paper round? 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

My mistake, think it is working tax credit! Not child benefit, which is the old “family allowance” I believe?

Gary_M
    Free Member

£40 eh, my heart bleeds. Still could be worse, you could be unemployed.

If the money actually went to those who needed it then great!!

So great then.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

We’re all in this together.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My mistake, think it is working tax credit! Not child benefit, which is the old “family allowance” I believe?

No – the family allowance is still family allowance and it is not means tested (yet).

Working tax and child tax credit…

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/WhatAreTaxCredits.aspx

Clear as mud – but essentially both are means tested but one is only payable to people with children under a certain age.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Cancel your Sky tv and preferably broadband too – that should cover £40/month

Gary_M
    Free Member

That forty quid is a lot of money to us in the current climate!!

Some of your recent posts have mentioned the following.

Deals on last minute hotels
    New xbox and battlefield 3
    iPhone
    Kid spending a vast amount on itunes
    New laptop
    Spotify subscription
    New Car – Nissan Pathfinder to replace your Imprezza (you could save at least £40 a month here alone on fuel)
    Ski holiday for the family
    iPods for the kids

Doesn’t look like £40 a month will mean much to you really, but I see where it could very easily be saved.

You want something for nothing and you’re pissed off that it’s been taken away.

If you’re finding the loss of £40 a month a struggle then perhaps you need to realign your priorities.

Kryton57

We get £80 a month for Child benefit. IMHO we don’t need it, so it goes straight in jnr’s child savings acount for his future.

If it stops, we’ll replace and I’ll wait a tad longer for those new forks, buy Stella in bulk, perhaps stop eating bacon rolls on the way to work – no wait…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

And no doubt some cider drinking people will get it instead

Thanks – look forward to that 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So the tories think you have enough money and don’t need it. I think it means yo actually have quite a lot of money to no longer get it – in the top 10% of UK earners ( this is the higher rte taxpayer thing isn’t it?)

vinnyeh

Gary_M’s post is a bit of a showstopper really, isn’t it 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I thought so. OP’s gone a bit quiet, perhaps he’s out shopping for more luxury goods 😀

Can’t be doing with people pleading poverty when they have no right to.

hels
    Free Member

When I rule the world there will be some kind of benefit for people who don’t have children. We are saving the country a fortune, not to mention the planet. Some kind of allowance to pay for my cats and cardies. Or perhaps extra credit for fags in the Old Peoples Home.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

not to mention the planet.

YAY! Save the planet by not having children so future generations can enjoy it.

Ohh, hang on…

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I think that’s what the kids call PWNED

EDIT: GaryM, like

Gary_M
    Free Member

We are saving the country a fortune

By not producing future generations of wealth creators/tax payers?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks for stalking my past posts Gary! Yes I’ve bought a new lap top (daughter needs it for school homework), still got the preza, didn’t go skiing couldn’t afford, hotel was for our 5th wedding anniversary clue was in the title (cheap if you’re struggling), thankfully got the money back off iTunes, anything else we’ve bought for the kids has come out of savings! Savings which i worked fookin hard to gather but are dwindling by the tune of 200/250 a month due to our extravagant lifestyle!! Must try harder wrighty and must remember never to post on here about such issues!

vinnyeh

We are saving the country a fortune, not to mention the planet.

While you are working. However your stress free life means that you’ll likely live to a ripe old age, and that will have to be paid for. Likely by you continuing to work. 😈

Myself, I expect my children to support me in my old age.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Apparently not tj, household income of above 26k and it stops!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

writyson – don’t you have to be a higher rate taxpayer to lose this? ie over £43000 pa? that is in the top 10% of the UKs earners.

convert

TJ, you are thinking child benefit as I was above… This is tax credit. Flipp’in complicated world!

wrightyson
    Free Member

If only we (the wife and i) let alone me were close to that tj!
    Sure someone will be along to tell me I should work harder or have done better at school in a minute too 😀

convert

To be fair I think wrightyson has taken his online slating in very good grace considering it’s come from a bunch of people highly likely to be in a better financial position than him.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks for stalking my past posts Gary!

Not at all, it was all very simple.

I see you’ve been selective with the list though.

Would I buy an xbox if £40 a month meant a lot to me, not a chance. Would I buy/use a car with high fuel consumption, no that would be daft.

You appear to have a failry high disposable income, unless of course the £40 is needed to service your credit card debt.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Are you unable to read? If we had a high disposable income how are we eating into our savings every month! And the xbox came out of those savings! And as youve gone thro my history gary you’ll know I’m a builder and my savings were gathered when times were good, at least we had the forethought to save rather than spunk it away. Anyhow I’ve been thoroughly defeated and will let you carry on without me. As I said before I should’ve known better! 🙄

wors

And the xbox came out of those savings

to save rather than spunk it away.

😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

I can read fine but you’re clearly talking bollox. If you’re eating into your saving why would you even consider frittering around £200 on an new xbox and game.

If you’re using your saving to buy stuff like this then you’re either not struggling at all or you have absolutely no financial sense.

at least we had the forethought to save rather than spunk it away

You mean like you’re doing now?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/its-finally-here-battlefield-3-tips-please

No need to go through your history – click on your username and many of the posts are about spening money.

Dry your eyes mate.

But of course you can’t respond now even if you wanted to.

convert

Gary – your first post was succinct and punchy. Not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve now by blithering on.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just trying to show that the op is talking crap about finding the loss of £40 a month a struggle.

Kryton57

Gary_M

To be fair, he may have 100k in Savings, saved up from ” the good times” designed to supplement “the bad times.

In know trades people that do that, reserving the last £20k ( for example) as the emergency fund with the £80k as the “wages supplement”.

FWIW, you don’t really know his situation?

duckman

convert – Member
    Gary – your first post was succinct and punchy. Not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve now by blithering on

He is waving his keyboard and wishing his willie was as big.

convert

But you made that point well and with some humour in the first post – you are now sounding like a stw “big hitter” wannabe that doesn’t know when to stop.

I’ll stop now before looking too much of a hypocrite!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Child tax credits stopped for us??!!’ is closed to new replies.