Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Camelbaks – How on earth do you…
  • dogthomson

…get the tube off the bladder for cleaning?!

This problem’s been doing my nut in for days! I want to clean out my Camelbak after weeks of very little use. I can get the bite valve off the tube at one end but I can’t for the life of me get the other end of the tube off the bladder.

Is there a certain knack to it? All that happens when I give it a good tug it is that the tube stretches a little and doesn’t budge one bit.

coatesy
    Free Member

Should just pull off, try pouring hot water on it first, or prying it off with a blunt edge.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Why take it off?

khani
    Free Member

Soaking in hot water will make it easier,.and pull harder!

specializedneeds

Bit late now but I always sterilise mine with a Milton tablet before I store it. Just empty the solution out after an hour and store without worrying about drying it out. Then flush before use.

As for getting the tube off the bladder: if warming it in hot water (to make it expand) doesn’t work, just cut it off. Doubt you’ll notice the reduced tube length.

bellys
    Free Member

As specializedneeds said

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for about 3/4 years & have never cleaned it.

It’s still as clean as a whistle, what’s my secret I hear you ask? What’s the miracle juice I drink?

Simple… just rinse out after each use & pop in the freezer until next time.

MarkN
    Free Member

Miltons works wonders.

h4muf
    Free Member

I upgraded to the antidote bladder,loads easier to use.

Superficial
    Free Member

If you religiously empty the bladder (and tubing) after each ride it doesn’t really go manky. The freezer trick probably helps too.

If you have to clean it, I’ve always just done it with boiling hot water. It softens up the tube and then rolling it between your fingers will loosen the goop.

Edric64
    Free Member

Tesco thin bleach in solution works well in bladders and for soaking bottles .It`s also dirt cheap

hammyuk
    Free Member

Or get the cleaning kit ……..

butcher

Simple… just rinse out after each use & pop in the freezer until next time.

This.

Works great if you have an ice cube tray in the freezer too….you can keep it away from your fish fingers and stuff, nice and orderly.

Tastes fresh as a daisy when you fill it back up.

DaveE

+1 for rinsing out with water then put in the freezer till next time.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

Run the hot tap so its really hot and just hold the tube where you are trying to take it off under. After 30 secs or so the tube will pull off very easily. Repeat for putting it back on.

kiwijohn

Maybe the water quality is better down here.
    Empty. Fill. Ride. Repeat.
    No cleaning ever.

specializedneeds

I used to put mine in the freezer too, just make sure you let it thaw and don’t get impatient like i did: unfolding a frozen bladder splits it nicely 😉

specializedneeds

Maybe the water quality is better down here.
    Empty. Fill. Ride. Repeat.
    No cleaning ever.

Maybe you are only using chlorinated water in the bladder and not leaving a nice sugary solution for the mould to feed on, in the warmth of you house?

steezysix
    Free Member

Boil kettle, pour over end of tube for a few seconds then pull tube off. Use remainder of water to make cup of tea. Relax.

kiwijohn

Never put anything but water in a camelback.
    Anything sugary goes in a bottle which is a hundred times easier to clean.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Camelbaks – How on earth do you…’ is closed to new replies.