Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chewing the scenery
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just spotted a moment from Mr Bill Nighy in a film called Stormbreaker;

One of the finest examples of over-hamming it up to the n-th degree since the classic;

So, who else is to blame for really chewing the scenery?

slimtubing
    Free Member

I recall going to see a movie waaay back in the mid eighties entitled 'Streets of fire' and even at a tender young age thought that the entire cast were trying to out ham each other. It was, and remains the worst ensemble of over-actors ever.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

John Standing as Father Verecker in The Eagle Has Landed. I always thought The Eagle Has Landed was an ok film, but when I saw it again last night, John Standing's performance made me realise that it is in fact a crap film. The way he talked to his alleged Nazi captors, and the fine speeches he delivered as they stood in silence, made it all quite unbelievable.

brakes
    Free Member

I love Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham…
    Sheriff to wench: You. My room. 10:30 tonight.
    Sheriff to another wench: You. 10:45… And bring a friend.

edhornby

Alan Rickman had, according to legend, scenes with him cut because he was making costner look too dull

RealMan
    Free Member

Also Alan Rickman in Die Hard.

And from Burn After Reading..

Fantastic.

TheFlyingOx

Also:

Despite this, I think he's one of the finest actors of our time.

slunk
    Free Member
    grievoustim
    Free Member

Something that gets me about accusations of "over acting"'is the fact that professional actors will perform as directed. They might have done 10 very subtle, toned down takes, only for the director to ask them to " go a bit bigger this time love". It's hardly their fault if that is the take that the director ends up using in the final film.

llama

Jack Nicholson in anything?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

trailmonkey

Jeff Goldblum in everything.

That bloke who plays Charlie Fairhead in Casualty can't open a door without overacting.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chewing the scenery’ is closed to new replies.