Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Cheer me up please, bust shoulder..
  • iainc

Nobeerinthefridge

Ya fanny!.

I hope it’s not your ‘me time’ arm? 🙂

Surgeons always tell you stuff like that, mine told me no more running, which then softened to no more than 10k at most. Did my 4th Ultramarathon of 2019 last weekend, 37.5 miles.

Best of luck mate.

Cheers nobeer, I’ll hopefully be back out by the Spring.

Am hoping that I’ll still be able to swim front crawl as that’s normally a few times a week for me.

iainc

So after a few days of persistent headaches I had a look at my helmet and whilst the outer shell looks ok the inner is bashed, totally separated. A weekend call to NHS24 and a GP check today. Guy I saw rides and knows the trail I foundered on well. Anyways, concussion confirmed, but headaches are easing so medicate and rest. Oh, and new lid ordered, again 🤔

Pierre

Sending healing wishes, IainC! I’ve come on here while procrastinating and looking for comfort because I’ve just broken my collar bone _and_ my shoulder blade and I’m hoping for inspiring stories about it stopping being uncomfortable really quickly.

I’ve just switched from the Mallorca-prescribed anti-inflammatories (ketoprofen) to the UK-prescribed ones (Naproxen) and I’m now in grumble mode. I need a new road lid too. Not that I’ll be using it this side of the New Year… 🙁

globalti
    Free Member

There is some evidence that NSAIDs can hinder bone healing because they suppress the bleeding and inflammation that forms the callus, which gradually becomes new bone. So after my break I stopped the Ibuprofen and stuck with Paracetamol, which is pretty good as long as you keep the level up, the best way to do it is to keep a notepad by the bed and make a note every time you take a dose.

Actually in my case it probably made no difference at first because the two bone ends were buried in the surrounding tissue with no chance of meeting up so in the end they rounded off and gave up trying.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Cheer me up please, bust shoulder..’ is closed to new replies.