• This topic has 48 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Cheeky home OffICE BASTEWARDS!!
  • DezB
    Free Member

well I don’t NORMARLLY Consdier thsi TO BE A place for a RANNNT! BUT f&&**ing PasSPORT OFFICE!! You’ve got to have your PASSPRt don by these wa££Kers and they take ths absolute PI55555! I printed my own PHOTOS NOTHING IN THE GUIDLINES SAy you cannot do this just about SIZE and COLOUR and BACKGROUUND BOLLOX. So I PRINT them myself take the form and the photos to the post office PAY EXTRAFOR THE BLOODYCHECK AND SEND servie which means obviosuly THEY ARENOTGOINGTOCHECK ANYTHING JUSt Take your damn money!! A letter comesback”WE have decided to be arseholes adnreject your PHOTOS becasue of 12> WE’VE JUST DECIEDED YOU CAN:T PRINT THEM YOURSELF” CHEEKy CHEEKTY pieces of drip danglingoff a pisssypairof pants and youcantargue withem can you? Oh no cos them they just wont send youyour passawport the stupid civil scumvent t055p0ts.
    OOh, I could squash a tomoato I tell thee.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

2/10

Would have been 3 but for the tomato quote

aracer
    Free Member

Ban for DezB?

muddy_bum
    Free Member

I hope you haven’t been prolific in your inability to restrain youself when it comes to avoiding the swear filter!!

Don’t you get some kind of guarantee with check and send?

MTT
    Free Member

2.6/10

trying too hard.

crikey
    Free Member

Given that said photo is going to be your official representation for the next 10 years, do you really think it’s a good idea to let all those terrorist type johnnies print their own pictures?

Hmmmm?

Really?

0/10.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Bit of effort on the spelling front would’ve been nice.

aracer
    Free Member

do you really think it’s a good idea to let all those terrorist type johnnies print their own pictures?

Because of course the terrorist types wouldn’t possibly have any way to print photos themselves which the passport office would accept 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

screwed because you were too tight to pay for a Photo-me booth.
    No Sympathy. 🙂

I on the other hand had to have my photos resubmitted because apparently my natural smirk of contempt is a smile. And that’s not allowed.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The “no facial expressions” rule is particularly insane. Is the “you can wear a burka if you really need to” rule still in force?

Stoner
    Free Member

The “no facial expressions” rule is particularly insane

I agree.

DezB
    Free Member

Too tight?? I paid for the check and send didnt I? I chose to print my own so I had a choice of photos seeing as, yes, its going to be my official respresentation for the next 10 years.
    I did actually thump the kitchen side upon reading the letter. With my just healed broken hand.

DezB
    Free Member

And my “no expression” looks like a bleedin frown these days. I wonder why.

Ban for aracer?

For being a pillock

shands
    Free Member

Oh dear.
    Bye DezB. I can see a mutiny happening…..

DezB
    Free Member

Oh well, I’ll get more done at work.
    And I know what tyres I’m going to use for the alps.

scaredypants

I’ve grassed you up to the mods 😐

sc-xc

IPS guidelines

Photos produced at home are unlikely to be acceptable, as they will not meet the high standards delivered by professional equipment and may not allow us to capture an accurate biometric, leading to potential difficulties when traveling

DezB
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    I’ve grassed you up to the mods

Why? Have I offended you?

scaredypants

children could be reading this thread

DezB
    Free Member

They’ll know not to print their own passport photos then.

Kahurangi

I did photos for a visa myself. Decent camera, white sheet. Remove crud with photoshop, resize to correct height/width and you can get… 8 or 10 on a 6×4, printed in an hour at jessops for a pound.

I won’t pay £5 for a photo-me after the GF did and it had inserted a black line across her mouth.

It’s a deal, it’s a steal, it’s sale of the f… you know the rest.

Dez – printed on photo paper? high res? Mine still didn’t look quite as sharp as the paid for ones but I didn’t go above 600 dpi and I couldn’t trust jessops not to downsample automatically.

Lanesra
    Free Member

My six month old nephew has just read this thread, reported

Elmo
    Free Member

I used check and send.

Brilliant. A couple of mistakes (signature slighly out of box on a “loop” of my signature) sorted before it went
    And my photos that were taken months earlier, for my new license, are now not allowed.
    You now need a grey background.
    Plus the turnaround with the Post Office check and send service is quicker than if you send it yourself. Another bonus!

I can see the point of them not allowing an image of you that can have possibly been “manipulated” This is to be used to verify your identity after all

CountZero

Chap I work with did the same, had them rejected on the grounds they weren’t done professionally. Seeing as how he does all our artwork and Photoshop work, and the pictures were printed on glossy photo paper on several thousand pounds worth of colour printer, identical to the sort of equipment used in a high street photographers, I truly fail to see how his were unacceptable, especially considering how crap photobooth pics are. I just don’t see how they can tell the difference. Biometrics? Bullsh*t.

aracer
    Free Member

I can see the point of them not allowing an image of you that can have possibly been “manipulated”

As I said above, it would be extremely straightforward to submit “manipulated” photos they would accept.

DezB
    Free Member

My six month old nephew has just read this thread, reported

My dog just read it too. I’ve banned myself.

Yep, proper paper. I just looked and it says Kodak Inkjet paper on the back! So a dead giveaway there for the civil servant tw..er nincompoops.

Getting them printed off the web now instead.

(Banning myself from this point on. Sorry if I’ve offended any small children, badgers, budgerigars, field mice etc. but I was in a temper. I’ve just been caught out in the summer rain and feel much more chilled now)

DezB
    Free Member

ps. I didn’t maipulate the photos. Unless you count resizing in Paintshop Pro.

stumpy01

If it’s any relief to your anguish (it won’t be), a mate of mine did his himself about a yr ago & had no problems. He did used to be a freelance photographer though, and they did look just like ones out of a machine………

…..oh, wait a minute. Actually, they looked nothing like the ones out of the machines, as the colour balance was correct & he didn’t look washed out with a slightly green tinge to his skin.

aldomac
    Free Member

Pretty sure I printed my own ones, it was few years ago mind and didn’t have any problems. I used the check and send service too.

The passport rules are pants especially the kids photos. My daughters first passport was from age 6 months and the picture looked just like any other baby and that had to last for 5 years!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Passports for babies are the most stupid. When my son was 4 months old we had to get one for him. We must have tried a dozen times to get a nice picture of him, but every time he just fell off the stool as soon as we’d shut the little curtain. Should have just cut a picture of ET off the video box, that’s pretty much what he looked like.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

they will not meet the high standards delivered by professional equipment

The p!sser is that the quality of those photo booths is dreadful – home photo printers are easily as good quality.

Should have just cut a picture of ET off the video box, that’s pretty much what he looked like.

🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Please please consider the children

Pook

I had it worse. Got it done by the post office, and they sent it back with the same problem!

The post office, who had spent £65,000 on the proper machine thing, weren’t happy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Passport photos should be 3/4 profile, IMO, as this would show the shape of the nose better, which would help. More importantly, though, it woudl show the shape of the ear better, and ears are pretty much as unique as fingerprints so would really help.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’ll tell you whats **** rediculous. I wear glasses for EVERYTHING, apart from sleeping. So in any possible situation where I might need to be identified by my passport photo, I’m going to be wearing them. So actually, I’m not instantly recognisable by the picture in my passport. **** stupid.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But if you wear glasses you can have them on in your passport photo, as long as the frames do not partially (or fully – but that WOULD be stupid) cover the eyes…

DezB
    Free Member

..show the shape of the ear better, and ears are pretty much as unique as fingerprints so would really help.

You’re right there! I’m easily recognised by mine.
    Now would people please stop bumping this thread 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Now would people please stop bumping this thread

Oh, sorry, didn’t realise you wanted it to drop down.

😉

-m-
    Free Member

I’ll tell you whats **** rediculous. I wear glasses for EVERYTHING, apart from sleeping. So in any possible situation where I might need to be identified by my passport photo, I’m going to be wearing them. So actually, I’m not instantly recognisable by the picture in my passport. **** stupid.

I’m never quite sure why people get so excited about this. I wear glasses. I’ve always removed them for passport photos, on the basis that it’s much easier for me to take off my glasses for an immigration official than it is to produce out of nowhere a pair of glasses exactly matching those I was wearing up to 10 years ago should I have (a) bought some different ones, or (b) lost/damaged/had stolen mine whilst travelling.

In the real world I’ve never been asked to remove my glasses by any immigration official anywhere in the world. Even the IRIS system in use at UK airports is happy for you to leave them on, so it’s only once I have to take them off every 10 years… Hardly the end of the world…

Post Office “Check & Send”, on the other hand, is a rip-off. It’s not really rocket science to follow the guidance that comes with the PP form is it?

coffeeking
    Free Member

You did print it on proper photographic paper didn’t you? My parents did their own a couple of years ago, was accepted fine but was taken with a DSLR and printed on decent gloss photo paper – you couldnt physically tell a difference from a booth-made pic other than the nicer skin tones, not looking like a startled rabbit, better lighting etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky home OffICE BASTEWARDS!!’ is closed to new replies.