Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Check this Beastie Out…. Coming to a Woodland near you :-(
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Spotted this lurking in the trees today 🙁 … a ÖSA 250 SUPER-EVA

Somebodies vid from FaceTube:

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, expecting a lot of that sort of thing when they turn the only greenery round here into a reservoir 🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

Decimated one of my local woods over winter. I hoping some people on big motorbikes are going to go in and carve in some new trails over all the ruts it made.

Kit
    Free Member

Processors are awesome to watch in real life. My dad has a few hundred acres of commercial woodland and got to watch one the last time he harvested.

gingerrabbit
    Free Member

Yeah, that's a harvester alright. Welcome to the world of commercial forestry. Remember, while it may be a pretty landscape, it's still one that has to earn it's keep. :-/

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I saw one of those in action down here on Pitch Hill last summer. It was awesome and doesn't necessarily mean the end of trails – you can't even see where it was cutting now.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

We had one of those in Lordwood for harvesting last year.

They burn like normal trucks…

…apparently

takisawa2

I've heard Aldi will be doing them on a Thursday special soon.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is that one of those bitches that grabs, cuts, flips tree on its side then
    strips?

Drac

Gah iPhone lagged out.

Drac

Fantastic to watch and amazing where they can get them. Can't say I was shocked to see a forest being harvested for wood. What next amazed at corn being harvested.

allthepies
    Free Member

Watched one bloke using one of those trash what was a lovely wooded singletrack area 18 months ago. All for the sake of ground nesting birds rather than commercial forest reasons.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Mugdock got it with one of those about 12 months ago too, still a baron wreckage of a trail. I keep thinking I'll go up there and try to uncover the old trails but I'm not sure it would be the same without diving through the trees.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Can't say I have a huge probelm with them harvesting the trees. What does get on my t!ts is when they drive the machinery straight down the singletrack in the wet to get to the logging area – absolutely no hope of reinstating the trail afterwards because it's mashed.

Impressive piece of machinery though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Great bits of kit but as JE said, the huge ruts and brash they leave means no hope of building or reinstating any ST. Ruined a brilliant local loop last year

Olly
    Free Member

the woodlands are all crops.

one of the reasons they close trails at places like nant for time to time, but some plebs still seem to think its ok to jump the barrier and ride the trail anyway.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

the opening scene from 'small engine repair' has one of those tree cutting machines. they're amazing to watch. though the after-effect is not so great i guess…

richmars

I could do with one of those. Can you hire them by the day?

Jakester
    Free Member

They were doing that on Cannock Chase a couple of weeks ago, right near the end of the trail – and quite (ie 100m or so) near the singletrack. Scared the hell out of me when it started up!

jackthedog
    Free Member

There's one of those working quite hard in Wharncliffe at the moment. Capable of making technical, dense singletrack a post apocolyptic wilderness in not very much time at all. Very impressive bits of kit, and judging by some of the tyre tracks, pretty indifferent to the terrain! I want a go.

coffeeking
    Free Member
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Check this Beastie Out…. Coming to a Woodland near you :-(’ is closed to new replies.