Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cheap SIS Go 1.6kg
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the above is?

Thanks.

mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Maltodextrin / salt / lo salt/ epsom salts / orange squash

ingredients of sis go

Maltodexin can be bought for £3 a kilo, sis is £8.50 per half kilo.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

whats the difference between lo salt and salt tj?

I_did_dab
    Free Member

**raw materials cheaper than finished product** shock 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

RR – lo salt is potassium chloride, table salt is sodium chloride

It just irritates me that this stuff is sold as rocket fuel and something special when its a mix of commonly available stuff and industrial byproducts

ourmaninthenorth

Without the arsiness of lord of all he surveys, TJ:

Go to myprotein.co.uk – buy bulk quantities of maltodextrine and fructose. Mix it 2:1 (m:f).

The only expensive item I then include is a nuun tablet, as these disolve better than anything else I’ve tried and also provide a bit of flavour without being too much.

Cheaper than a cheap thing..!

MrSmith
    Free Member

it doesn’t irritate people who can go to the lbs/internet and buy it ready mixed without any hassle.

i can buy a bunch of grapes but prefer to buy a bottle of wine as it saves all the complicated wine making bit.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Our man in the north – thanks for your kind comments.
    Thats actually a pretty good alternative

P20

SIS half price Limited choice though

mikey74
    Free Member

But a bottle of SIS powder will be far easier to transport to Canada with me.

ourmaninthenorth

TJ – apols. I meant to have included one of these to indicate I was joking: 😉

None intended. Not least because I tend to agree with your recipe approach. Leaving out the orange squash, what proportions of salts do you include for, say, 100g of maltodextrine?

Just trying to work out if I can sack off the nuun tablets.

Oh, and mikey – we didn’t know you wanted to take it abroad…. In which case, just buy some from Decathlon (or Tesco – they often have it in the big stores) and don’t break the seal before you get on the plane..!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

omitn no worries – live by the sword and die by it.

I don’t use maltodextrin. Should be easy enough to work out the proportions from the ingredients list I guess. I use dilute apple juice with a bit of table salt. good enough for me

Gary_M
    Free Member

You could buy zipvit instead, at bogof on 1.4kg tubs.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

SIS go usually upsets most peoples stomach’s, I would get a sachet first.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

i can buy a bunch of grapes but prefer to buy a bottle of wine as it saves all the complicated wine making bit

nice one
    😆

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

“SIS go usually upsets most peoples stomach’s, I would get a sachet first”

Pardon my french but what a load of crap! where did you dig that up from? I don’t know anyone that’s had an upset stomach from GO.

Jase
    Free Member

ebay usually have PSP cheap so have a look for Go.

TinMan
    Free Member

KKF – can you qualify that, only it sound like complete tosh.

Was there an ‘IMO’ missing? 🙄

johnners
    Free Member

Interesting about Isostar tablets on that cheapie site – “High in energy low in calories”[/i]

They’ve squared the circle with that one.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Blazin-saddles – Member
    “SIS go usually upsets most peoples stomach’s, I would get a sachet first”

Pardon my french but what a load of crap! where did you dig that up from? I don’t know anyone that’s had an upset stomach from GO.

Bon jour,

At least a dozen people I race with complain about GO. Rego is the nuts and so are the gels and PSP etc. Most SIS things are great.

If you mix a little GO with PSP you get carbs and electrolytes which is OK but GO by itself is grim.

hopster
    Free Member

Love Go. Used it for the past few years and really rate the stuff on long rides. No problems with stomach etc.. and neither have have the others I go riding with that use it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

well you dont know me then

borrowed a friends bottle mid way though a 100mile sportive, gave me horrendous stomach cramp, had to stop and walk arround a bit till it dissapeared.

Went back to water, flapjack and bannanas after that with no problems.

Definately try it out with a sachet first. Now I just stick to homemade flapjack, a particularly sticky recipie with a little added salt (small teasoon lo-salt in a days worth) and a fair bit more sugar than normal.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cheap SIS Go 1.6kg’ is closed to new replies.