Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheap flights to Cyprus
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

So some of my oldest friends now live in Cyprus, care of the MOD. However the MOD has given them a large house by the coast 🙂

Anyone know who flies to Cyprus cheaply? No flights that I can see from my local airport (Newcastle), so happy to drive elsewhere if its cheaper than changing flights here there and everywhere.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Flights go from Edinburgh to Cyprus, either easyjet or those morons, ryan air

jota180
    Free Member

It’s a summer holiday destination so you’ll be lucky over the Winter from Newcastle
    Thomson and Jet2 from the Spring usually

loads out of Manchester all year round

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Other half’s parents live in Cyprus and my tip for cheap flights is to make sure you avoid school holidays and book well in advance.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

avoiding school holidays isn’t really an option seeing as said friends are godparents to my eldest son, who’s at school…

cheers for the tips though. will check out edinburgh and manchester flights.

saleem
    Free Member

I’ll ask my boss tomoz as they have a house over there.

p7rich
    Free Member

We fly to Paphos regularly and they’re NEVER cheap. You won’t find any ‘£50 each way’ bargains. Cheapest flights are when all the cheapest flights usually are – odd times of year, middle of the night, etc. We always end up on BA (usually part-funded by Airmiles/BA Miles) or Easyjet. One nice benefit of BA is you rarely get the massive check-in queues at each end.

http://www.skyscanner.net

peterfile
    Free Member

I used to fly to paphos a few times a year and I generally paid between £200 and £350.

On one occasion I managed to get a return, outside school holidays, for £140(ish) and considered that a bargain.

davetrave
    Free Member

I was in the same position a few years ago, except I was the one with the house by the coast. It depends whether they live in Aki/Epi or over in Dhekelia – Aki/Epi are served by Paphos airport, which serves the major tourist areas of Paphos and Limassol, so is chocka and therefore expensive because of the captive audience; whereas Dhekelia is served by Larnaca airport and the tourist element is much reduced so flights to there tend to be a bit cheaper. Try the Cypriot national carrier – they’re (certainly used to be) quite reasonable – here.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

they’re at Aki I think.
    Cyprus air only fly LHR to Larnaka. Which isn’t too bad. New Years Eve is a cheap daa to fly, but no others. Looking at £1500 return for the family!

Will look at other carriers too…

thanks

davetrave
    Free Member

Oof!

Aki – land of the Crab, cushy life – work 7am – 1pm then off down the beach for windsurfing and sunbathing, washed down with copious quantities of brandy sour… The Sovereign Base Areas are like a final corner of the Empire (in a good way), lots of crusty old retired types drinking G&Ts whilst getting sunburnt on the verandah of the Officers’ Mess, harumphing and rustling the pages of the Telegraph at the latest “scandal”… (They’re an easy target for taking the pee out of as well – get wound up far too easily, it was great sport for us when I was a junior officer and we were surrounded by them!)

xcgb
    Free Member

We fly to Paphos regularly and they’re NEVER cheap

I go there a lot too. 3 times this year and going again on sat. Easyjet go all year from gatwick and i paid £80 each return in Jan. this week I am paying £115 each return which isn’t too bad for a 4hr flight

I also travel light which helps of course

mrjmt
    Free Member

We went with Jet2 from Leeds Bradford in October.

It wasn’t cheap and it was horrible.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheap flights to Cyprus’ is closed to new replies.