Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Charlie Departs Singletrack World To Spend More Time With His Bikes
  • teenrat

All the best Charlie. Was great chatting with you outside the Old Dungeon Ghyll  pub in Great Langdale just after lock down. 

123decibels

All the best to you Charlie! Have fun

cinnamon_girl

Enjoy spending more time with your bikes and hope they take you to lots of lovely places. All the best Charlie!

ped

Enjoy yourself Charlie.

Our only interaction was while you were still down in Swanage and I was after some Gevenalle shifters which you graciously sorted for me by mixing and matching stock to put together only what I needed. A few years later I actually bought the now-missing-parts rest of the kit from bikemonger cheap as you’d made what was left useless to just about anyone else!

andyspaceman

Good luck Charlie. I’ve dragged my Yorkshire-based riding mate down for a couple of Dorset Dirt Dashes.

I sense he’ll be planning revenge and drag me north. Yorkshire coast sounds fabulous. Can’t be worse than the twin terrors of Hambledon and Hod Hill. Can it?

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Not my cup of tea but i wish you all the best for the future mate .

gowerboy

Have fun Charlie. I remember when you sent us a Pug to do beach sampling… fat bike riding while in work thanks to the Bikemonger… and the start of an out of work Surly/Salsa habit.  Cheers. Hamish

prettygreenparrot

Wow. An exciting decision. What a treat to give yourself.

Enjoy the bumming around.

daverallye

Good on you Charlie….enjoy dude! 🙂 

desperatebicycle

Sounds like a brilliant plan. Have enjoyed your contributions over the past few years – even have a Not Grumpy/Jumpy as my work mug to dispell the notion that I’m a grumpy sod (I’m not!!) Also the brotha dn cheese scone thing was pretty memorable 😀
    Go surf those trails 👍

Good luck

Life beats work hands down in the balance of things.

I wish I could jack it all in. Enjoy!!!

0range5

Both sad & good at the same time… Enjoy!

kimura54321

Good luck!

I still have the Cross Check you sold me and some of your stickers on my bikes. I would happily buy more along the lines of “I brake for cake” and “Education is important, but getting rad is importanter”.

jonwe
    Free Member

‘You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning’ sticker on my toolbox supplied with a beautifully engineered eccentric bottom bracket from charlie the bikemongers.

Enjoy the retirement, it’s bloody ace.

Cowman

Good luck, please continue making Singletrack Salvation too! The smell is just so much better!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.