Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Changing robes again – any Peth users in?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Other threads exists for the Dryrobe haterz….

Longer rides looming and looking for something to protect my modesty/stop people laughing while standing in an Ikea bag getting changed in a car park….not convinced I need the full waterproof Dryrobe type option, but would like to stay warm and get drier, and Peth have appeared on my SM feed with an offer.

Still seems a lot for a big fancy towel, but a hood and space to pull my arms inside and add/remove clothes do appeal and there’s a birthday looming next week. Not particularly excited by the Decathlon options this morning.

Thoughts, experiences and alternative suggestions please

scotroutes

The Decathlon £29.99 Surf Poncho works really well.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The decathlon towel things are great. And better for drying.

However i wouldn’t be to quick to dismiss waterproof.

Being able to sit on wet places is quite useful when dealing with complicated things like drying your feet prior to pulling on socks.

MoreCashThanDash

Being able to sit on wet places is quite useful when dealing with complicated things like drying your feet prior to pulling on socks.

Fair point

Pieface

Sportsshoes are doing a Zone3 robe for £50, hoods a bit basic and zip is fiddly. DHB also do one for about £60

alpin
    Free Member

Don’t be so modest. So what if everyone sees your todger when you’re changing….?

jamesco

If you are any where near 6 feet tall try to find the longest one available, the advertising photos use short models to make the product look longer. If you are likely to change in winter or cold places then longer sleeve styles are more important than Kangaroo pouch pockets. Waterproof types are unnecessary , far too bulky and difficult to wash besides being expensive. However if you spend much time by schoolkids football pitches on saturday and sunday mornings they are de rigeur Dryrobe. Seashell are good, Winthome have nifty features. Good quality cotton towelling feels nicest but microfibre dries just as well if not better. It’s not about who sees your todger it’s about being dry and warm, just my thoughts, HTH.

dovebiker

We have a couple of Moonwrap Frostfire ones – Mrs DB loves her ‘pro’ waterproof for night-time forays into the garden with the dogs, collecting the eggs from the chickens and general gardening duties. Living in the Hebrides means some degree of weather resistance is essential. Rarely get used for water sports – it’s only a five minute drive from harbour to home in my drysuit.

mrhoppy

alpinFree Member
    Don’t be so modest. So what if everyone sees your todger when you’re changing….?

It’s for hiding that you can’t see it because you’re cold and wet after a ride.

convert

I however would be quick to dismiss ‘waterproof’ options. Bulky, expensive and much harder to get changed in. I’ve got an early Dryrobe and hardly ever use it. My random no name microfiber poncho thingy however gets used loads. As good as a towel at being a towel, fast to dry and easy to wash, easy to get changed in if the situation requires it and fits small and snug inside a bag rather than the stupid bulk of a Dryrobe.

Then take a situation appropriate jacket or coat that you probably already own.

Also, no fear of looking like one of ‘them’.

As for sitting on wet ground – god invented the plastic bag. Quite likely the plastic bag you took your stuff in.

Watty

“Also, no fear of looking like one of ‘them’.”
    Are you a Dryrobe-a-phobe? 😹

convert
    MoreCashThanDash

It’s for hiding that you can’t see it because you’re cold and wet after a ride

Have we met in a cold wet car park?

mrhoppy

Have we met in a cold wet car park?

Not biking.

susepic

Freezing my t1ts off yday watching kids cricket (a *summer* sport) in a noreaster, I could have used a dry robe, similar to what my mate was sporting. My picnic blanket didn’t cut it.

Something windproof with lots of warming fleece inside works I think

MoreCashThanDash

Something windproof with lots of warming fleece inside works I think

Only if you have actually just surfed a 10 metre wave, otherwise tbe fashion police will have to criticise you.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.